This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nope, nothing suspicious about that

I just got a call from someone who wanted to donate a car. A 1970 Rolls Royce. When i explained to him he need to call one of the car donation organizations that donate to us (as well as other organizations) he told me, "No, you need to take the car and hold onto it for 2 years and tell the IRS you are using it".
    ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING?!!!

Go cheat on your taxes by yourself.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Can't think of a thing to say except

Comment

Seriously?! My brain is having a bit of a problem processing this one...
      My Crafting Profile http://www.craftster.org/forum/index...ofile;u=139859

Comment

Not necessarily cheating taxes. Could be hiding income/assets from a creditors or a soon-to-be ex-wife. Either way...good grief.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

It's pretty straightforward. The IRS changed car donation rules a few years ago after too many dodgy charity "outfits" gave people a receipt for full Book value even if the car had to be towed away. The new rules state that unless the charity uses the vehicle for two years, only the amount the vehicle was actually sold for may be claimed as a deduction.

Comment

Maybe it was a Volkswagen with a Rolls Royce Grill.

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
              I just got a call from someone who wanted to donate a car. A 1970 Rolls Royce. When i explained to him he need to call one of the car donation organizations that donate to us (as well as other organizations) he told me, "No, you need to take the car and hold onto it for 2 years and tell the IRS you are using it".
              That sounds like an interesting deal. Do you still have that guy's number? Or did MadMike beat me to it?
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
              X