This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hungry fax machine

Ok I know I have already posted today, I'm sorry to post again so soon, but I haaaaave to post this!!!
    This is the SECOND time a customer has done this, and the first time was unbelievable enough!

Lady calls in. She is in her 30s. Convo goes as follows:

SC - Hello, I just faxed you a claim form about 10 minutes ago but I forgot to keep a copy for myself - if I give you my fax number can you please send it back so I can make a copy and then I'll just fax it straight back again?

Me, trying VERY hard not to laugh - Oh, well if you faxed it then you would still have a copy on your end, so it's all good

SC, suddenly angry - NO, I faxed it to you already! I NEED to make a copy, I keep a copy of all my documents!

Me - Are you still near the fax machine ma'am?

SC - Yes!

Me - Okay. If you walk over there now, the paper should be sitting in the tray

SC - NO, I'm not walkng over there until you send it back to me! You're holding my claim hostage [yes, she used those words]. WHY won't you send it back?! I just sent you my only copy! [she then starts yelling, presumably to the other people in her office] SHE'S HOLDING MY CLAIM HOSTAGE! HOSTAGE!!!

Me , thinking, holy cr*p - Ma'am....hello...MA'AM! Okay. Would you like to walk over there now and check your fax machine?

SC - Did you send it back?!

Me - Please just check ma'am

SC - Okay [she walks over] It's there! FINALLY you sent it back! THANK YOU, god! I don't know why you had to make that so difficult!

*CLICK*, as she then hung up!

My brain. Just. Exploded.

Comment

what in the who now?!?! That made my head hurt. I think it just rebooted.
      Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

And people think we're being mean when we say that people are morons. I'm sorry, there is just no excuse for that.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Next she'll say she faxed you her premium payment.

Comment

Must happen more often than you think. I've read a few similar stories over the years. Also the person who folded the private document in half before faxing, and the one who needed some blank paper so sent a blank fax to herself several times.

Work in tech support, and you'll hear it all - many times. (The only reason I haven't taken a "coffee cup holder" call is because none of our computers have cd drives.)
            I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

My brain just blue screened... Be back later.
              Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
              Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Well, you know those newfangled fax machines, you really have to give people time to learn how to use new technology
                "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Don'tcha know of the fax machines with built in combo shredder/incinerators?
                  Although I would love to be able to send matter through the phone lines star trek like. Would make delivery very interesting
                  Have a couch come animaniacs style out of the fax machine.
                  Last edited by Mamochan; 10-11-2011, 09:02 PM. Reason: Corrected matter.

Comment

Quoth Mamochan View Post
                    I would love to be able to send mater through the phone lines star trek like. Would make delivery very interesting
                    Have a couch come animaniacs style out of the fax machine.
                    Even better, fax some money out and have a mac and fries faxed back.
                    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

This whole time I thought the lady used the paper shredder thinking it was the fax machine.
                      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

If that many people believe in teleportation, why are they still using the postal service?

Comment

What you want to bet she's sent $ through the fax too?
                          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

No Dice, Suckers bet. ^^

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
                              Even better, fax some money out and have a mac and fries faxed back.
                              I've had a few pizzas that tasted like they were faxed. Or at least made with fax paper as the crust....
                              "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Working...
                              X