This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where were you this week?

I ticketed a car for not having a handicap permit. I looked up, down and around the seats, doors, sun visor, floor, etc. to see if I could spot one. I don't have to, if it's not hanging up I could write the ticket. I wrote this ticket 9/27/2011. It has to be payed within 10 days or the vehicle Owner gets a citation for 10 times the amount.

According to the Mall Office, the Driver came in on 10/9/2011 to complain about having gotten the ticket! Now, he had a valid permit, but we can't void it since it was dropped-off at the police station a few days after writing; he has to go to them, present his permit, and have it voided. I don't know how it's turned-out, but I have no clue how it took him this long to see a blue ticket under his wiper when he got it at 2 in the afternoon on a clear sunny day!? And why is he complaining to us when 'name of local police department' is printed all over his half of the ticket? He probably had some cock & bull story about us not seeing the permit sitting on the dash. Riiiight, I don't have x-ray vision, and didn't know your permit was in your other car!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Perhaps his disability is vision related...in which case he probably shouldn't be driving at all!!
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

it's more in the thinking dept. other car=not in the current car=ticket. thank you for playing, mr. man.
      look! it's ghengis khan!
      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

My sister got a ticket while she was shopping at our local mall. She happened to come out shortly after the ticket was written and the cop was still standing about 3 cars down, so she asked him if he had written the ticket. Of course, he replied that yes, he had written the ticket because she had no placard visible. She pointed to her license plate, which is a permanent handicap plate. (If you have the plate, you don't need the placard.) She said his face turned red and he apologized profusely. Even though he took the ticket back, 10 days later she got a summons to report to court to answer as to why she hadn't paid the ticket. Now she has to waste time going to court to fight a ticket that shouldn't have been issued in the first place and she doesn't even have possesion of anymore. Gotta love the smooth runnings of local government.
        If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.
        --Woodrow Willson

Comment

Quoth QASlave View Post
          Even though he took the ticket back, 10 days later she got a summons to report to court to answer as to why she hadn't paid the ticket. .
          If they catch me to void a ticket, they have the very same concern. I write VOID all over in red marker, include the permit number, and attach both pieces together. I still have to send the ticket to the police department though, so they can account for all tickets, instead of me throwing it away and them wondering where ticket 19254 went. Haven't had one go to court by accident yet.

Does remind me of the woman that came to complain about getting a ticket. I go out to her and she CLAIMED she was parked in a certain spot and got a handicap ticket; only the spot she was in was several down from the nearest handicap spot. I think she moved her car to try and make me think I made a mistake. She backed down after I offered to check the cameras
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Working...
          X