Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Okay I get it. You got a "bad"deal & expect me to do what?!?!?!?!?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay I get it. You got a "bad"deal & expect me to do what?!?!?!?!?!

So dear readers you will need to know a few things for this story. My GM is out of the office for her honeymoon. She is out of the country in Europe & beyond unreachable for 8 more days (dear lord it is next friday at 5 yet?!?!?!).

So when I got back from lunch(the 1st full lunch I've taken this week) I was confronted by a very stressed receptionist. She told me that Joe Buttmunch called 3 times flipping out on her. She gave me his call back info & let me know that he demanded to talk to the sales rep he'd worked with on his deal last year. S o she forwarded him to the rep. She then announced that she needed a moment. I told her cool go ahead. When she came back she told me what a tool he was to her & that he made her CRY!!!!! I was beyond pissed. She's been with us less than month & is one of the best people I've worked with in a long time.

Okay I get it. You got a "bad"deal & feel that you are too good to follow the contract you signed. Rather the contract you signed "under duress" on your iPhone.

I get it. The sales rep was so horrible that you were left with such a "bad taste in your mouth" about our location that you could not force yourself to come into the center to use the exrta services that you would be getting for free to offset other charges that frankly you should had paid for.

I get it. You are such a big important man that it okay that you right after you signed the contract when you came into the center to show it off to an associate, you felt the need to back the into a corner get in her face & yell at her for something she had/has no control over. She was not the sale rep & it's not her job to mop up after the sale rep.

I really hope making the new receptionist cry at the front desk makes you feel like a big man.

Contrary to your belief Mr. Buttmunch, I do not as a lowly CSR have the power to waive certain fees that he was charged. All I can to is reach out to my Area Manager (which I did as soon as possible) with ALL the info I have in the matter, including the fact that you made the new girl cry. Calling bak over & over & over (he called 12 times between 1:00pm & 4:55pm) is not going to make me want to try to plead your case to the AM. Grow up put on your big boy pants & give us a chance to see what we can do.

This guy is nuts & I am so not looking forward to work tomorrow since I am damn sure he's gonna call alot tomorrow.
    If what doesn't kill me makes me stronger, I should be able to lift an 18 wheeler with my pinky toe.

Making the new person cry is guaranteed to make me hate you.
    I hope this asshole SC gets his karmic punishment.
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Can you make HIM cry? Go for that, friend.

Comment

Yep, making the new person (or anybody, for that matter) cry is pretty much a guarantee that I will walk that fine line between doing absolutely nothing and looking into your whinging -- while dragging my feet as much as possible just for the fun of listening to your blood pressure go up and up and up and up ... Have a nice day, sir.

Comment

Why do some managers bend to the will of these assholes?? I'll never understand it
          Part Angel Part Sadist

Comment

I don't think anybody's bending to SC's will. At least not yet.

If SC calls back, AM should be put in charge of dealing with him and hopefully put him in his place.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

star82869, how did it go today?? I hope Mr. Asshat got a new one chewed out for him....
              "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Update, not great news

Well Mr. Buttmunch after calling my location all those times called our corp HQ. After his droning on for 16 minutes, Corp cut him a deal.Apparently ythey are going to waive most of the fees now. But they needed to speak to the CM about the last bit of the fees. However, he is not to call our location anymore. If he does they will take the deal off the table. Wonder if he'll be stupid enough to call? He does love the sound of his own voice.
                If what doesn't kill me makes me stronger, I should be able to lift an 18 wheeler with my pinky toe.

Comment

Yup, they caved.

What exactly is sooooo hard about telling somebody "You signed a contract; now you get to abide by it."?
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I don't know. Man, I hate to see such bad behavior rewarded.
                    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                      I don't know. Man, I hate to see such bad behavior rewarded.
                      A thousand time this...

Comment

Profit

What I don't understand is why companies don't look at their entire profit/costs with customers. The computer store I worked for fired an over-a-million dollar customer after audits shows we were losing money on all the extras they were demanding and that the salesman was filling out for them to keep his commissions.

Add in a few other needy customers that we started billing for all their 'extras' and profits climb big-time.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
                          What I don't understand is why companies don't look at their entire profit/costs with customers. The computer store I worked for fired an over-a-million dollar customer after audits shows we were losing money on all the extras they were demanding and that the salesman was filling out for them to keep his commissions.

Add in a few other needy customers that we started billing for all their 'extras' and profits climb big-time.
                          QFT!!!

I mean, that's basic financial math! Way to many bussinesses mix up turnover with net profit. Firing a too needy customer is something you have to do sometimes, or they fire themselves when you start billing them properly. There's nothing wrong with giving good longterm customers a few perks, but once they start to demand those extras... ummm.... no!
                          When I started my job, I had to do some culling. The company had been without proper management for a few years and it showed. Oh boy did the worst offenders whine, but profit went up und we really needed that. The sales team blamed me (with my permission), new broom etc. So we lost a few customers for a year or so, almost all came back, now happily accepting the new policy.
                          No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Last update. The CM came back today. After telling her what happened when buttmunch called in & as she says against what her heart says she should do, she is going to waive the last of the fees. She said she just doesn't want to risk his psycho ass showing up at pur location. So he's gone. Hopefullt we'll never have to hear from or about him EVER again.

Comment

This is astonishingly bad judgement by upper management. He signed a contract, which he is no longer happy with, is incredibly rude and abusive towards staff and corporate cave like he has a bomb-vest on and is threatening to use it.

Then, CM waives the rest of the fees? That is practically inviting him to pull this shit wherever and whenever he wants to. Also, you can rest assured that at every round of golf, he's telling all his mates how your company is a walkover, thus creating more SCs.

I am not having a go at you, by any means, but I am angry with corporate for not growing a pair and standing up for their employees and their own business plan. What good is a contract if no one abides by it?
                              There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.

Comment

Working...
                              X