X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Achievement unlocked - A douchebag is you

How to piss off the guy at the game store in several easy steps

1. Bring in a whole pile of games and systems to trade in and just drop them on the counter. Don't bother to box any of it up, untangle any cords or put discs back in their cases.

2. Do so completely ignoring a customer who was already AT said counter.

3. After I start processing your items, make a comment about "rude and impatient people"

4. Complain when I tell you how little cash you can get for your scratched up, beat up, dirty stuff.

5. Beg me to give you a little more, saying it would be good for business. How exactly my giving you cash to walk out of my store with and spend somewhere else is "good business", I do not know.

6. Bang your fist on the counter repeatedly, still begging for more cash.

7. Finally give up and, as I give you the cash, complain about how much we rip people off and don't really know how much the stuff is really worth.

Honestly I wish he'd NOT gone through with it because then I could have sent him and all his crappy game stuff right out the door.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Honestly I wish he'd NOT gone through with it because then I could have sent him and all his crappy game stuff right out the door.
    I think I'd have done that at the fist-banging part. Let's hope he never comes back.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

This video seems appropriate starting out at the 5:05 mark

http://www.screwattack.com/shows/par...de-5-85-out-10

Whole video is SFW
      Last edited by Mr Hero; 10-15-2011, 02:20 AM.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

If the stuff was that bad, why take it at all? Are you required to take all trade-ins or something?
        Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Same question

Quoth Syriilord View Post
          If the stuff was that bad, why take it at all? Are you required to take all trade-ins or something?
          Why not just kick them out? It does not sound like you are making a profit on this deal.

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
            How to piss off the guy at the game store in several easy steps
            If you've never read www.actsofgord.com - you need to. Everything you've just described has happened to The Gord, ad infinitum. Although being the store owner he has the power to banish naysayers.

Comment

Quoth Syriilord View Post
              Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
              Why not just kick them out? It does not sound like you are making a profit on this deal.
              OP's workplace lays the pressure on thick to get trade-ins. So he may have had no real choice in the matter.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post
                If you've never read www.actsofgord.com - you need to. Everything you've just described has happened to The Gord, ad infinitum. Although being the store owner he has the power to banish naysayers.
                Thank you, there goes my weekend.

Comment

Quoth foodservicesucks View Post

That's a weekend well spent!
                  To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth foodservicesucks View Post

You and me both.
                    These are great!
                    Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                      This video seems appropriate starting out at the 5:05 mark

http://www.screwattack.com/shows/par...de-5-85-out-10

Whole video is SFW
                      I just finished watching all ten episodes. Kinda let down with how the series ended but I did enjoy some of the jokes in regards to the customers. "The Gramer" ones in particular are great since honestly... well.... its very true.
                      New England Patirots... FIVE TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!
                      New England Revolution... Will win MLS Cup one day.

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post
                        And this was back in a magical time where Al Bundy-inspired violence to these sucktomers was funny and not just a half-dozen lawsuits waiting to happen.

*Although it should be noted that neither I nor CustomersSuck.com condone, approve of or recommend violence to customers. Even when they deserve it. Even if it's really funny*
                        Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                          1. Don't bother to box any of it up, untangle any cords or put discs back in their cases.
                          Also applies to working the returns desk at any retail establishment.

2. Do so completely ignoring a customer who was already AT said counter.
                          Had a customer start placing all of his things on top of a pile of white cardboard that a teacher was purchasing for her class. Though I politely pointed out that I was still ringing her up, I have yet to figure out what he expected was going to happen to his stuff when the transaction was complete and she was ready to leave.

5. Beg me to give you a little more, saying it would be good for business.
                          6. Bang your fist on the counter repeatedly, still begging for more cash.
                          If this were in a mall location I'd have threatened to call security. Banging your fist could be construed as intimidation and could be blown out of proportion to attempted robbery.

7. Finally give up and, as I give you the cash, complain about how much we rip people off and don't really know how much the stuff is really worth.
                          Correction, good patron. I know it's worth crap, but our corporate offices say you are worth their time, hence why we're giving you money that could be spent on raises for hardworking employees.
                          [/quote]

Not that I'm asking you which game store this is, but most of the places I know of only offer store credit and not cash. That would appear to weed out tragic examples of inhalent abuse like the one you encountered. I wonder why your company thinks it's more profitable to give out cash.

Comment

Unfortunately It's not a mall store and I didn't think a few fist bangs was reason to call the cops. I DID tell him to calm down and had he not I would've kicked him out or, if he refused, call the police.

I am very familiar with actsofgord, love that site.

Having spent parts of the last SEVEN years working at games stores off and on I've pretty much seen it all and the funny thing is we get the same kind of SCs again and again...but that doesn't make dealing with them any more fun.
                            "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Working...
                            X