This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A True Master of Subtlety

So, a few months ago I left Kroger to try out an Insurance Sales job. Wound up hating it, and a couple weeks ago jumped over to everyone's favorite was-a-smiley-now-a-spark bargain superstore. Mainly because they (despite lacking the union Kroger has) were starting me out about a dollar an hour higher than what I was getting after 5 years of Kroger, without the union dues cutting into my pay, a better position, and hopefully less supervisors abusing their position while management turns a blind eye.

But anyway.

I ran across a shoplifter today. Couldn't do anything about him, but his reaction was priceless.

I'm in electronics, and was heading for the register to ring someone out, but this other guy was standing right in the entrance to the desk I needed into. Right as I came up to him, he ate something out of a plastic container and shoved the container into the trash can next to the register. I didn't think anything about it, since I was more concerned about getting my customer rung out. So I say to the guy, "Excuse me, I need behind the desk."

As soon as he looks up and sees I'm an employee, he freezes.

He stands there staring at me for a few seconds, complete deer-in-the-headlights frightened look on his face and his mouth hanging open.

At this point I think something's up, but he already ate/trashed the evidence, policy is to not confront, and I've only been on the floor a few days. So I just say again, "Sir? I need past you."

At this point he literally backs away from me, keeping his eyes locked on me as he does, until he reaches a corner about 8 feet away, at which point he turns and sprints for the other side of the store.

About then I began to suspect he wasn't only stealing, but also stoned out of his mind.
    » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Krogers union is one of the worst I've seen/heard about. They actually injure the workers they are supposed to be helping. THEY SET an upper limit on the wages for each job so once a person hits a certain tiny dollar amount they CAN'T get another raise. Even if they work in the same position 10 years, unless min wage goes up, they are stuck. That is the stupidest thing they could do. Heck Stoppies Union isn't worth much and they aren't THAT dumb.

Comment

Okay, that IS stupid. I'd be hard pressed to work for a company with a union like that. About the shoplifter: maybe the munchies he got from being stoned made him do it? Sorry, that's all I've got, other than to laugh hysterically at the idiot!
      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Let's leave the union talk for fratching, shall we? I don't want to break out the unhappy stick.
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Wow that's.....a weird way to steal.... I'm trying to think about how on earth that is going to work out well for him. Any clue what he ate?
          "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Working...
          X