This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Um...Im still on the line...

This happens pretty frequently, but our crazy-ass customers really stepped it up this past week.
    BG - call centre, health insurance
    Unless it is a hostile call, or the customer has been rude/out of line etc, we're not really mean to hang up on them - they have to end the call first.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me - Hi, welcome to *us*, how may I help you?

SC, to person in background - Oh yeah I heard about her, she's married to that guy Jim right?

Me - Hello, welcome to *us*, how may I help you?

SC, still yabbering away to friend, paying no attention to me - OHHH yeah darls, yeah I think she went and saw that other guy instead but I mean, who really knows with her hey?

Me, louder - Yes, hello? Welcomje to *us*, how may I help you!

SC, again to person in background - Jesus f*cking christ these people are hopeless, they always take forever to answer the phone!

Me, now practically yelling - HELLO MA'AM, I've actually been speaking for a while now, I answered this call over 30 seconds again according to my phone but you've ignored me the whole time

SC -

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE - for this call, the woman was nice but did keep interrupting and talking over me the whole time...

Me, wrapping up a call - Ok so to confirm, I've advised you that you will be able to claim exactly $486 back on your dental visit tomorrow. Now, were there ay other questions you had or anything else I could help you with today?

SC, in nice normal voice - No no, no that's all for today, thank you, you've been very helpful, I've got all the information I need!

Me - Excellent well you have a lovely day then ma'am

SC, to someone in background - The f*cking b*tch didn't tell me anything! I betcha I go there tomorrow and get nothing back! What a useless bi*tch!

Me - Ma'am I'm still herem you didn't hang up the phone. And I told you numerous times that you will get $486 back at your dental visit tomorrow. You kept talking over me the entire conversation. Now, was there anything I can help with today?

SC - Um...ah, no thank you

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me , again wrapping up the call - "Ok sir so to confirm, I've advised during this call that for your surgery next week, your insurance will cover $12,000, and you will be required to pay an out of pocket expense to the surgeon, for an amount of $2000. Does that all make sense, or was there anything else I can help with today?

SC - No, that'll be all for today love, thank you,k you've been most helpful!

Me - No worries, have a great day sir!

SC, after a few seconds, to person in background - Yeah so I'll just call back after the surgery is done and ask for a manager and tell 'em that that girl told me everything was 100% covered, so she gave me false information, and because of that they have to compensate me and pay for all of the surgery, hahahaha ohhhh I'm good!

Me - Sir I'm still here. May I remind you that when you first called in, you were advised that all calls are recorded? I'll also be leaving a note of your comments on your policy....

SC - Huh? No, look, I just....

Me - You have a fantastic day now sir! *CLICK*

Jeez, you really get to work with some winners, don't you?!

Comment

I just love the recorded calls from time to time. Had a lady tell me that she'll just call back later & report that her injuries were from a fall at home, rather than a fall from her RV, where her motor vehicle insurance would be primarily responsible.

I made sure to note her comments & send them to the department that handles those investigations, for when she sends in a 'corrected' report.
      That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Haha I love when scam artists warn you of their motives ahead of time.

Comment

Wow! What is wrong with people?
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

And people wonder why prices keep climbing . . . .
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

What do you want to wager that the scammers are some of the loudest whiners about how much they pay for insurance and see this as simply "what's owed them"?

Comment

People don't think rules apply to THEM. What bugs me the most about that philosophy is nobody calls them on it except apparently you. Thanks for that.
                GFY

Comment

Quoth MiloMorai View Post
                  People don't think rules apply to THEM. What bugs me the most about that philosophy is nobody calls them on it except apparently you. Thanks for that.
                  Not where I used to work, and it used to drive me bat-sh*t crazy
                  The managers there were completely spineless and ran off that mentality that 'the customer is always right'
                  Which, when it comes to health insurance, just doesn't really work.
                  So we were never allowed to defend ourselves, could never call out rude or lying customers, nothing. The horrible customers got away with anything and everything, which was bad in the sense that everytime this happened it set a precedent. So the next time they would call in and be able to say 'well LAST time I got this, now do it again for me!'. And of course the managers would just buckle.

Where I am now, thank god, we're able to stand up to ourselves [within reason of course!] . And the managers have spines, yaaaaay!
                  The way they describe is exactly what my concern was where I used to work all that tiem ago - here our lovely managers tell us that we often need to be firm - polite etc of course, but firm and straight to the point and make that point known, to avoid a bad precedent being set. It's just not worth it.

Comment

Working...
                  X