X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuff from a crazy weekend

The Ol' Double Whammy

It was bad enough that you made an obvious fake permit by scanning in someone else's real one. Firstly, it was cropped all wrong (you cut 1/4'' too much off the bottom) and I'm not sure what you used to print it on, but it didn't take the ink well, and everything had a fuzzy "washed out" look to it. But then, you parked in the WRONG LOT, so even if it had been a perfect molecule-by-molecule duplicate of the real thing, you'd STILL have gotten towed because that complex is adamant that "A" permits use the "A" lot and "B" permits use the "B" lot and they let us tow the REAL ones who screw up, let alone second-chance forgers.

Seriously?!

You tried to cover up the expiration date of a permit with white-out, even though it's clearly printed on green paper? Tell me, on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being "excruciating", how much does it physically HURT when you think of ideas? I'm just curious, that's all.

Compare and Contrast

2 Illegally-parked cars in the same lot, side by side. Neither have permits, both are red, both have been there long enough that they've been noticed by complex security and given tickets, both continue to be parked there, so both are towed. Both owners notice their cars missing at about the same time, both come in to pick them up back-to-back. First guy was a jerk, yelling, cussing, demanding to know why he got towed when he was only there "for an hour or so". Reacts to being told he owes $120 by demanding to know how I can look myself in the mirror in the morning when all I do for a living is harass poor innocent college students who have done NOTHING wrong by trespassing just a bit., slams down a stack of $20's to pay, sarcastically "thanks" me for everything and peels out of the impound lot. Second guy apologizes for being illegally parked, says he just lost track of time, promises not to do it again, doesn't blink when informed he owes $120, pays with his credit card and waves as he drives off. My only question, which was the "control" group and which was getting the experimental drug treatment?
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Quoth Argabarga
    Second guy apologizes for being illegally parked, says he just lost track of time, promises not to do it again, doesn't blink when informed he owes $120, pays with his credit card and waves as he drives off. My only question, which was the "control" group and which was getting the experimental drug treatment?
    Hang on, the second guy was nice? He's got to be part of the experiment - I wanna know what he was on, they should put it in the water supply!
    Last edited by Dave1982; 10-16-2011, 07:31 PM. Reason: Excessive quoting
    I speak English, L33t, Sarcasm and basic Idiot.

Comment

I am beginning to find 'nice' and 'reasonable' to be in these days; I practice it as much as I can and I seem to be running into more people who are going out of their way to be good people even in tough situations.

Might have something to do with tough times knocking people's sensibilities back in place.

I can only hope.
      "Announcing your intentions is a good way to hear God laugh." Al Swearingen (Deadwood)

Comment

Yay more Argabarga stories!

And the second guy sounded sane.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

A nice person? It's incredible.
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

The first story was so full of fail. I love it!
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

You tried to cover up the expiration date of a permit with white-out, even though it's clearly printed on green paper? Tell me, on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being "excruciating", how much does it physically HURT when you think of ideas? I'm just curious, that's all.
              Ah, I see you've met my old dormmate. Conventional wisdom was that when you moved out in the spring, you could fill those nail holes in the walls with toothpaste to avoid paying fines. She heard this, thought it must be a good idea, and proceeded to fill the nail holes in her white walls with blue colored cool mint gel toothpaste.

Comment

Ahh homecoming weekend. I'm sure it was a good time for everyone in town who had to actually work. lol
                Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Quoth houdini View Post
                  Hang on, the second guy was nice? He's got to be part of the experiment - I wanna know what he was on, they should put it in the water supply!
                  It finally happened!

"Mr. Grocer: Here's the new stuff, kid. Durazac 15. Makes Prozac seem like a decaf latte. Want a couple? I've got jars.
                  Marty: I don't do that stuff anymore.
                  Mr. Grocer: No wonder you got the shakes. And don't say "do it," because I don't "do it." I *ingest* it, on orders from my neurophysiologist. It's legal. In five years they'll be putting it in the water for the citizens, like fluoride."

That's one of my favorite quotes, and sometimes a wish.
                  Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                  HR believes the first person in the door
                  Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                  Document everything
                  CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth houdini View Post
                    Be careful about that. There's a good Stephan King short story where the protagonist and friend find a natural chemical that removes all violent tendancies and tendancy toward nastiness.

It also dropped your IQ to about 90 after about a month. This was found out after they had introduced it into the ecosystem worldwide.
                    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                      Be careful about that. There's a good Stephan King short story where the protagonist and friend find a natural chemical that removes all violent tendancies and tendancy toward nastiness.

It also dropped your IQ to about 90 after about a month. This was found out after they had introduced it into the ecosystem worldwide.
                      That was a sad, sad story I never fail to when reading it.

Also, Argabarga, you must've hallucinated that second guy
                      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

They got a larger IQ drop in Idiocracy without the fancy pills, although it took a little longer.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Yeah, it's pretty sad that I am amazed now when I get a customer who is actually understanding when I have to refuse their ability to return an item, or when I have to tell them the table they ordered in July and wanted in time for Thanksgiving dinner is now backordered until next February, or any number of things that you don't want to hear when you call customer service. Sometimes I feel bad for them because I don't think what's happening is fair in their situation and yet they're still nice...they give me the warm fuzzies.
                          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I remember that story.

But when I read this:
                            Quoth houdini View Post
                            I thought instead of G-23 Paxilon Hydrochlorate. (Cookies for reference!)
                            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I thought instead of G-23 Paxilon Hydrochlorate. (Cookies for reference!)
                              My very favorite movie.

Comment

Working...
                              X