Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have wads of money out and my light's off; what do you think?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have wads of money out and my light's off; what do you think?

I started a temp job at one of those everything's-a-dollar stores today, primarily as a cashier. I have been a cashier for a while, but neither of my regular jobs requires me to count a drawer, so I messed up the first time this morning. But it took me 2 more tries due to being interrupted by clueless customers. I was standing at the till counting with my light off when the first cc asked if I was open. Then, someone else came and asked me a question. So I pulled the drawer out, turned around, and stood on the customer side of the register behind me, counting. The most cc asked if I was open. Cue recount.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Twelve ... ninety-seven ... six ... me too I ate one sour too ...
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

They make you count at the register? That's really not very secure. And it leads to the troubles you just had with interruptions.

They need a cash out room for you, pronto.

Comment

I agree. Also, why can't they get with the times? It's the old way of doing it.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Um, yeah. What's to prevent somebody whipping past and grabbing up a handful of cash? Or even just knocking it all on the floor for the entertainment value?

Comment

I find that if I don't stop ringing up customers about five minutes before my shift ends, I will never get out of the store. We have to make sure that all redeemed coupons are under the till and our registers are clean. Sunday is usually a busy day for us, but two cashiers were late. I had worked until 11:00 the previous night and had just finished a six-hour shift, so I really wanted to get the hell out.

Even though my light was off and my cord was up, customers kept asking if my register was open. Is it really that hard to tell the difference between an open and a closed register?

As I was getting ready to leave, one of the employees who was buying some snacks for break asked me if I could ring him up. I told him I was closed, but he said, "Oh, come on." I really didn't want to, but I said, "Okay, for you. But then I'm leaving." The same customers continued to ask me if I was open!! The second time they asked, I just ignored them.

Comment

Working...
            X