Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High's Low's and Charity Woes (fun stuff here folks!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High's Low's and Charity Woes (fun stuff here folks!)

Firstly, sorry I haven't been on lately. This nasty headcold has me wiped out to the point where work is all I have energy for Anywho, it's winter tiiiimmmmeee for Kisa. Thus indicating it's World Hunger Charity time. A.KA....hell. Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that Taco Bell does charity donations. We do world hunger where each dollar feeds 4 children in Africa and 100% of profit goes straight to the kiddies. We also do Help a Teen Graduate where each dollar goes to helping underprivelaged teens graduate by paying for books, supplies, etc. Typically, we do this for a few weeks and raise over $2,000.

You would think charity would bring out the best in humanity and everyone would come together for a good cause and pitch in. *screeching halt....looks at url* Yeahhh never gonna happen. Not at my work. The problem is in the asking for money part of this thing. We are required to ask each customer, "would you like do donate one dollar to help end world hunger? Each dollar donated feeds 4 starving children". The appropriate response would be, "oh yes I'd love to!" or a simple and polite, "no thank you". If it's the first, I thank them for their donation. If the second, I leave it at that and get back to their order.

Here's a few of my personal favorite responses:
    -Oh, I donated yesterday (on day one of World Hunger Donations.....)
    -I'm feeding hungry kids right now!
    -I have my OWWWNNN kids to feed!
    -I'm donating to the charity of me!
    -Screw Africa.
    -Oh I don't have enough (hands over a $20 for a $2 order....)
    -Next time for sure!
    -I would but this food isn't for me (takes big bite out of taco)
    -What about the starving people HEEERRREEE??!!!

Ok, I get it. You're a selfish, rude asshole. Thanks for sharing! If you don't want to donate, politely decline. I won't force you, I won't hold you down and spit on you until you surrender one hard earned dollar. I won't guilt you with stories of poor little African girls and boys. If you say no, I let it go and move on.

A few days ago, I overheard this one:

CW: Would you like to donate $1 yadayadayadayada?
    SC: Does it go through the U.N.?
    CW: Ok-does it what now?
    SC: Does that money go through the U.N?
    CW: Uhhh...it goes to the XXXX Charity towards the XXXX Fund.
    SC: Nevermind. I'll bet those damn Brit's will hoard it all to themselves. It's a wasted dollar.
    CW: .......oookay then second window please!

At the window...

SC: The U.N. is out to destroy the United States! Obama is hiding it so he won't look like a failure! They want us to think it's a recession. Really, those damn Brit's are stealin all our money! Well they ain't gettin my dollar!
    CW: No mam. The United States is destroying the United States. "Them Brit's" have nothing to do with it.
    SC: *sputters* *speeds off*
    Me: You shoulda told her you're British.
    CW:

In other news....

Our lovely district manager started a new rule that we have to ask each and every customer his/her name so we can call their name as we hand out their order. It's supposed to seem more personable and make each customer feel loved and appreciated because "that cook just called my name teeheehee". She tends to forget we live in a world where identity theft has made people paranoid and reluctent to surrender any personal information unless absolutely necessary. I mostly get suprised looks and hesitant voices. Sometimes I get asked why I need to know. Others, I am demended to tell what else I'm going to do with it. Then there's the teens.....

Me: And what's your name?
    T1: Curtis.
    Me: Alright that will be $X.XX.
    T1: *pays*
    Me: *change* Next please?
    T2: I want yadayadayada.
    Me: Ok and what's your name?
    T2: Why d'ya need to know?
    Me: We call your name when your order is up.
    T2: *stupid grin* My name's Dickhead.
    Me: *cue deathglare* Your REAL name please?
    T2: That is my real name!
    Me: Then I pity your mother. I'm sure she gets plenty of criticism for that choice.
    T3: I want yadayadayada.
    Me: $x.xx.
    T3: Aren't ya gonna ask MYYYYYY name? *doofy grin*
    Me: No.
    T3: Why?
    Me: Because I don't care.
    T3: It's Tittyfucker!

Gota love those teens.... Oh yes DM, this is a lovely idea!
    Answers: $1
    Correct Answers: $2
    Answers that require thought: $5
    Dumb looks are still free.

Wow! It sounds like Uncle Vick just paid a visit to your Taco Bell.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Oh dear lord....the UN out to destroy America?

Clearly, that person is nuts.
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
        Oh dear lord....the UN out to destroy America?

Clearly, that person is nuts.
        Did it surprise you? We've already learned that Prince Charles is the Antichrist.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
          Did it surprise you? We've already learned that Prince Charles is the Antichrist.
          And I've got a photocopy of the 'proof'
          Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

I guess I turned down donating the other day. I went to Taco Bell and after I made my order the cashier said something I could not understand. I figured it was an upsell and I never want those, so I just said no thank you.

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
              T3: Aren't ya gonna ask MYYYYYY name? *doofy grin*
              Me: No.
              T3: Why?
              Me: Because I don't care.
              T3: It's Tittyfucker!
              Kisa: Okay, Shittysucker.
              T3: No, Tittyfucker!
              Kisa: Bittypecker?
              T3: TITTY FUCKER! TITTY FUCKER!
              (T3 gets punched in the mouth by an irate parent for screaming obscenities in front of little kids.)

I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

You know what's weird? I was at a Taco Bell yesterday, I saw all the signs and table toppers with the "donate a dollar to feed four children" thing, and I wanted to donate. Nobody asked me, so I was looking around for a box!

Now I know, if they don't ask me, I'll just mention it to the cashier.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                  Kisa: Okay, Shittysucker.
                  T3: No, Tittyfucker!
                  Kisa: Bittypecker?
                  T3: TITTY FUCKER! TITTY FUCKER!
                  (T3 gets punched in the mouth by an irate parent for screaming obscenities in front of little kids.)

You win!

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
                    Our lovely district manager started a new rule that we have to ask each and every customer his/her name so we can call their name as we hand out their order. It's supposed to seem more personable and make each customer feel loved and appreciated because "that cook just called my name teeheehee". She tends to forget we live in a world where identity theft has made people paranoid and reluctent to surrender any personal information unless absolutely necessary. I mostly get suprised looks and hesitant voices. Sometimes I get asked why I need to know.
                    So what do you do with people that refuse to give their names, 'cause somebody's gonna do it (if they haven't already)?
                    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Shame on your DM for wanting names to be honest. That is my newest pet peeve when I go some place to order food/coffee is to give my name. Don't know why but I find it annoying.

Comment

Oh the fun I could have if the order taker had to get my name. I could be...
                        • Pat McGroin
                        • Jurgen Offagen
                        • Penis McFartburger
                        • Baron Wilhelm Von Langenschlong

and countless others....

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

No apologies necessary, Kisa. I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. I'm sure your customers haven't been helping. It's good to see you back on the board!
                          "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

I just get looked at weird when I give my screen name at places that call out a name for the order.....
                            NO! I am NOT an "Exotic Dancer"... the only Dancing I do is in my kitchen to whatever is on the radio!!!! (I don't even dance when I go out here lately....)

I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

I've started giving the name "Bubbles." Cracked up a friend with that recently.

If I were asking for names, I'd ask, "And what name should we call when you're order is ready?" That way, you're not asking for their name and you're giving a clear indication of the purpose of the request.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X