X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great Brain Heist of '11 (Long)

Trailer Cash (highlight for gross)

I don't like to make assumptions about people, but then there's ones that smack you in the face so hard, you just sort of know that something's not right... Like when this couple comes up. The woman looks very dazed. She's slurring her words a little, when she hands me her change, she's making these bizarre movements, like using her hands as flippers instead of grabbing the change, etc.

And the whole time she was groping at this stretch-mark riddled flap of skin. Just...fondling it like a hot date...

Well, I check them out, and go on to my next customer. After my line is empty for a bit, I look back and they're at Customer Service, asking something and talking on our phone. They were still there when the store closed. Head Cashier, a very nice and friendly woman, told them to get out and wait outside. Telling them we can't do anything. Shocked at the sudden change of attitude, I asked her what was going on. She said that they came up and the woman told them 'my buddy stole my wallet'.

"...and? We can't do anything, the most we can do is call the police."

"Exactly why I told them to leave."

Apparently the police talked to them, and drove off. I'm surprised they weren't arrested for possession or something.

The Redneck Rile-up

B - is for Bitch!
    BD - Baby Daddy
    HC - Head Cashier
    M1 - Manager 1
    Me -

A couple comes into my line. If it were that simple, it wouldn't be here, would it? They have a normal transaction, and two WIC orders. I can handle that, nothing I haven't done before. I start getting the normal order through, and notice that BD is doubling every. single. bag.

Me: *Super triple diabetes attack!* "Would you like me to double-bag everything for you? I can also make them lighter if you'd like."
    BD: "*grunt* Yeah. I can bag 'em for you, I'm already doing it over here."
    Me: "..." Oh boy, this will be FUN. Look, fucker, if you want them double-bagged, or an excuse to triple up on trash bags, ask. Right now you're just being a passive aggressive cunt-trumpet.

I toss the rest for him to do since he, y'know, 'offered', and get to the last item. For some reason it doesn't show a price, and prompts to get someone to double-check. That happens, mostly with stuff that we've recently tried to get rid of by reducing the price. I turn on my magical Light Of Summoning, and wait for someone to come. As you know, people do not instantly appear with a puff of smoke, smiling from ear-to-ear knowing the answer. Apparently, these people didn't get the memo. All the whining in the world isn't close to the crap they were trying to pull. B tries to expedite the process...by telling me how much she saw OTHER stuff at that price.

B: "Well, it was 59 dollars over there with the other stuff!"
    Me: "...And I can't type it in for that much because they'd make someone double-check. We're going to have to wait for someone to come and look."
    B: "At this point they'll never come! I'm going to go and get another one!"

Shoulda just leashed the bitch. Someone on the sales floor had to walk down with her to stop her from taking down a sign to prove a point. Considering the brain capacity she's shown, she would have gotten the wrong thing anyway. So we got that solved, but due to wasting time, I was already working on their WIC orders to catch up. Somehow, through my mistake, I had scanned two extra items on a WIC order (baby food is hard to count when PEOPLE KEEP COMPLAINING). Now, WIC is notorious for being strict. You have to get exactly what it says on there, no ifs, ands, or buts. So I try to find a way to take the extra food off, but all the options are locking up since it's WIC and we can't refund the customer for it either. The whole time I'm TRYING TO FIX IT, she's whining about why it's taking so long.

B: "I'll just pay for the two extra myself!"
    Me: "We still have to take the two extra off. This is a government program, you think they'll let you put extra things on it? they want to make sure the tickets are exact. We'd still have to fix it."

BD mutters something about giving her the cash. HC finally gets on and manages to find a fix, and voids it all so we can start over. I turn around and see... He just walked off with the whole thing. Took the whole unpaid order and went to the car, leaving B to pay for it. They also had the normal transaction that I suspended. B huffs and puffs.

B: "Can't you just scan two things of baby food a couple times?"
    Me: What the hell are you on, woman? "No, we can't. You're going to have to bring him back."

I would have tried to explain what 'inventory' was, but I don't think she would quite grasp such a fanciful and noble word. The only way this woman was going to be touching a dictionary is if she ran out of lunch meat and made a sandwich out of it.

B: "Fine! I'll go get him!"

As she stomps off, HC asks me who the suspend slip of $130 is for... And it's theirs. DB thought it was perfectly fine to bring all of $130 worth of unpaid stuff into his car so she could pay, and she left without paying for it. Here I am, beating myself up, and thankfully, M1 and HC just gave me a, "it happens, nothing you can do", when I'm sure they could have yelled at me. But how could I have missed that?!

I finally go on my break, due 20 minutes ago, scream a little, and come back to find that indeed, they came back to the register to pay for everything. I was glad, but who is that stupid to walk out without even paying for anything? And to come back as though nothing was wrong, to boot?

I had a nice glass of wine that night.

It Haunts the Stalls

I was doing my business when I heard moaning. Not, 'I enjoy risking indecent exposure charges', but, 'I like to wear sheets and rattle chains'. Fun times.

Apparently I'm Supposed to Feel Bad

Store closes. I run to the other side to clean up registers, and notice that a lane is still busy...and the belt is overflowing. An old woman finishes putting the last clothing on top of the mountain, and chats. She then drops the bomb: She left her cash in the car, after she writes a check for the first order, can she go outside and get her wallet? Normally, if it were a guest with a couple of things, we'd tell them to GTFO and come back tomorrow, but since we didn't want to put all of that stuff back, we let her go outside. Well...after she takes five minutes to write a check, and whispers that she needs someone to walk her out to her car to get her cash because she doesn't want to be mugged. This is [Sleepy Town], and there's cameras in every corner, and you're in the first row right in front of the door, on the first spot. You're practically parked INSIDE the store, and you need someone to watch you? She also requested about 20 gift receipts for all the stuff she bought on clearance/for a dollar. And don't forget that second order! And that she needs help bringing it back to the car...

After she left, the other cashiers helping said they felt sorry for her. Apparently she thought the store closed later. Even if we were open for an extra hour at most, she was already at the 30 mark past closing by the time we were done. Imagine if she continued shopping when we were open. She'd still be just as late, have her wallet in the car, and take five minutes to write a check. She'd probably take even more time because of how much extra crap she would get.

How am I supposed to feel sorry for that?
    My only regret is that I don't have a better word for "F@#k You".

At least the first couple were stupid, but honest. That's a rare combo.

Comment

Working...
    X