X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Theatre of LIES!

The Lie

-Uhm, why did my car get towed?
    -You parked on private property without permission sir, all cars in that lot must display permits
    -But I was only there for 3 minutes
    -No sir, the car was called into us at 8:00, truck was on scene at 8:19 and it was towed at 8:24, and that was an hour ago, it's now 9:09, and that's a bit longer than 3 minutes.
    -Oh, I uh, I guess I just lost track of time then.

I don't know if that's the TRUTH, but its certainly a bit more REASONABLE as far as explanations go.

The Damned Lie

-Uhm, why did you tow my car?
    -Your vehicle has outstanding tickets on it
    -But, I was parked at a parking meter!
    -Yes, and you did not pay it, and, you have a total of 5 parking tickets that you never paid, so that's why you were towed
    -Nuh uh! I NEVER got any parking tickets!!!!
    -Yes you did Ma'm, *pushes computer buttons* according to records you have 4 tickets for parking at the very meter you got towed from and not paying it, one from September 30th, two from October 10th, one from October 15th, and, you have a ticket from October 16th for parking in a private lot without a permit at 117 Garfield Street, so, that's a total of 5 unpaid tick....
    -FINE! THANKS! *click*

Too bad she hung up, I never got to tell her that ALL of those tickets are still visible INSIDE her car lying on the passenger side floor, (those bright pink envelopes that say PARKING VIOLATION are hard ta miss) along with several more from the borough that she presumably has also not paid. Don't worry, she will, when she gets that letter in the mail that says she has 30 days to cough up the bucks or the friendly constables will come down to her place and coerce it out of her.

Lie, part III

-Hey, what'd you tow my car for?!
    -Your car didn't have a permit for where it parked, that is a private lot for that apartment, only vehicles with permits are allowed there
    -But I didn't get my 15 minutes! I KNOW the law! You have to give a 15 minute wait on illegally parked cars!

*he's right, local towing ordinance specifies you must give 15 minutes from the time you see an illegally parked car until you tow it, with 3 exceptions, Fire Lanes, Handicapped Spaces and property/lot owners calling us directly. But, back to the game, kids*

-Yes we do, and that car was given 15 minutes
    -No it wasn't! She was only here for 5 minutes to pick some stuff up, and you towed her car!

*I thought you said it was your car.... oops! Another lie! We'll add it to the growing mountain of evidence that the person in the wrong here was NOT us*

-Sir, the car was spotted at 6:15, truck was on scene at 6:32 and left at 6:35, that's more than 15 minutes
    -Well, I find that HARD TO BELIEVE!
    -It was given it's legal wait sir, it will be $105 to pick up
    -I still find it HARD TO BELIEVE you didn't tow it immediately! This is all very CONVENIENT isn't it????
    -Do you know where we are, or do you need directions?
    -NO! I know exactly where you guys are, I've been there before! *click*

Finally, the first true thing he said all day...... methinks there's a reason after all that he knows the towing code... And, this was all after we'd already had the car for AN HOUR AN A HALF. So, you say you were there for less than 15 minutes, got towed, and waited 90 more minutes before calling to bitch at us? I find that HARD TO BELIEVE.
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Truly amazing how all those cars materialize in those spots just in time for the tow truck to round the corner and whisk them away.

Comment

I'm curious how many of these people call the cops first, assuming their car was stolen (which I would likely do) versus calling the tow guy and pretending they didn't know what happened.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
        I'm curious how many of these people call the cops first, assuming their car was stolen (which I would likely do) versus calling the tow guy and pretending they didn't know what happened.
        An ex-roommate of mine had a similar situation; came home with girlfriend to find his car missing. Asked me if I knew anything about it or had heard anything (I was home, but had been sleeping so heard nothing).

He called the cops to report it stolen . . . only to be told it had been repo'd.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
          That's funny, because when we woke up one morning to find Mr. Bells' car missing from our numbered space, we thought maybe he'd been tired when he got home, parked in the wrong spot, and been towed. We talked to the apartment office and the tow company first - and only then realized it had been stolen.

Comment

Round here, the tow trucks call the police as soon as the car leaves the property. This serves two purposes. The person who reports his car stolen can be informed that it's not, and where to get it. Or, the police can tell the tow driver that the car IS stolen, and come pick it up to take back to the owner.

Comment

So you had parts of your post labeled "The Lie" and ""The Damned Lie". So where's the one labeled "The Statistic"? This is of course a reference to Mark Twain.
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
              X