X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is your line closed?

From today.

It was time for me to go and count down my drawer so that I could go home. The COS came and closed my lane down because it was time to go. Out on the floor, I see a member who looks exasperated. He proceeds to walk over to my lane and put his items on my belt.

Member: You're not closed! Why is your line closed?

I say nothing, because I wanted to curse him out. The last member I had served was already on her way out.

Member: I'm waiting!

Again I say nothing, becasue I would get fired for what I'd have to say.

I talk to another cashier who's next to me, and she says she'll take him.

Cashier: Sir, I'll take you.

Member: No, I want HIM( points at me) to check me out.

Cashier: He's actually going home. The COS has already opened his drawer. He's going to go countdown now. I'd be more than happy to take you.

Member: Don't think I'm not going to complain to management about this. I'm the member. I'm always right. Always, so don't think you simpletons can forget that.

He transfers his items over to her lane and checked out. He walked straight for the door and was gone and I went on my way.
    Your neck is 7 and a half feet wide and 4 and a half feet tall. Your shoulders are also around 4 and a half feet wide. Your butt is 4 feet wide and your arms are around 3 feet long-gravekeeper

Is you're line somehow better than any of the other lines? *confused*
    What an asshole EW.
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
      Is you're line somehow better than any of the other lines? *confused*
      What an asshole EW.
      My line is one of the fastest.
      Your neck is 7 and a half feet wide and 4 and a half feet tall. Your shoulders are also around 4 and a half feet wide. Your butt is 4 feet wide and your arms are around 3 feet long-gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Bagboy View Post
        My line is one of the fastest.
        Still no reason to be a douche bag.
        Sorry you had to deal with that.
        *offers cookies and booze*
        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

*nods*

and i'm also betting the SC said that on purpose... because his was sore at being (silently) told "no"

Comment

How old was this guy? Five?

"WAAAAHHH!! I want HIM to check me out! I don't like YOU!!! WAAAAHHH!!!"
            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

My line is closed expressly to piss you off....obviously, I have succeeded at my mission...excellent

Comment

but did it ruin his christmas?
                there's some people with issues that medication, therapy or a baseball bat just can't cure

Comment

What a jerk. I hope management tells him to go pound sand.

Comment

What if you don't even have a line?

I was loading up our ovens with sandwiches (my c-store offers hot food most of the day). The ovens are at the back of our check-out area, a good ten feet from the registers.

As I was doing this, a customer tried handing me things over the 5-foot high wall separating the ovens from the sales floor. So she could pay for them.

She was quite put out when I told her the registers were "over there" and my explanation that ovens and cash registers are two different things, and that very few stores build 5-foot walls between their cash registers and the sales floor was met with disbelief and anger.

She called in a complaint to home office, indignant that I, the Store Manager, of all people, had "refused" to help her.

Our customer service manager, after talking with me, called her back and also tried to explain that ovens and cash registers are two different things, and that very few stores build 5-foot walls between their cash registers and the sales floor.

She accused him of being "in on it" with me, and vowed to take this "all the way to the top."

He congratulated her on her supply of free time, and wished her the best of luck, and suggested that in future she might want to shop at <Competitor>.

Because his position is that if a customer is THAT stupid, that customer needs to shop somewhere else.
                    Last edited by TonyDonuts; 10-20-2011, 08:00 PM. Reason: punctuation
                    I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

She doesn't sound stupid. Just entitled. She wanted you to take her stuff, carry it over to the registers for her, open up one just for her, and check her out personally. The sandwiches in the ovens can just burn.

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
                        She doesn't sound stupid. Just entitled. She wanted you to take her stuff, carry it over to the registers for her, open up one just for her, and check her out personally. The sandwiches in the ovens can just burn.
                        She's stupid if she thinks that's gonna happen.
                        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I would have been tempted to chuck her items into the oven.

"There you go, miss. Those will be done in just a few minutes. Anything else I can do for you?"
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                            I would have been tempted to chuck her items into the oven.

"There you go, miss. Those will be done in just a few minutes. Anything else I can do for you?"
                            Brilliant!
                            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

What an asshole. Seriously, it's not that hard to go to a lane that's open! What's up with idiots making a big deal out of something so small and easy?!!
                              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                              X