Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You need to handle only ONE customer at a time!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You need to handle only ONE customer at a time!

That's what Ms. Bitch told me today. (MB)

Background: my job varies from day to day, but usually I'm checking people in so they can sit down & talk to the tech. Sometimes my job overlaps with the actual tech's jobs except for this (and for repairs). I'm not allowed to do repair work or sit down with the customer to go over what's wrong with their computer. I'm not paid to do that.

I checked MB in for work - I forget what was wrong with her computer. I just know that the two techs we had were busy, and practically ignored it when I said I'd sat someone down for them.

Another customer came up to the desk and I started to talk to him.

MB jumped up from the boot she was sitting at to yell at me.... Because how dare I start assisting another customer while she was still waiting.

"You need to only work on ONE customer at a time!"

had to go and nag the techs. don't know if she heard me tell them that she was jumping down my throat but... I dislike being yelled at over what someone else is or isn't doing.*

Then I went back to assist the gentleman and he was kind and patient.

Unless her name is on the ownership papers for the business, she needs to sit down and shut the fuck up. Not her store; not her rules.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

So you were supposed to hover over her until the techs could take her, and ignore anyone else who came in? Naaaaah...I don't think so. Definitely an EW.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

The thing is, you did work with one at a time. You took care of her, then the nice gentleman--one at a time.
        Last edited by Food Lady; 10-28-2011, 04:25 AM.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Someone did something like that to me once.

She had to download our program over a very slow internet connection, could have been dial-up. Anyway the download was going to take 30 minutes so I told her how to start and call me back when it was done.

She insisted on waiting on the phone. I don't know why. Maybe she was anticipating having questions about the progress bar or something.

Anyhow I had a ton of emails and data entry to do. I didn't have a headseat so I put her on speaker and went to work. If a coworker came in I nodded to the lit phone light and we kept it quiet and brief.

When the download was finally done she asked me why I had been doing all that clacking and yacking instead of paying attention to her.
          The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
          X