Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What part of "it's not working" do you not understand?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What part of "it's not working" do you not understand?

The other day, I got stuck on a register where the credit card reader had a broken stylus. This meant that I had to print paper receipts for the customers to sign. Not a big deal, instead of asking them to sign the screen, I ask them to sign the paper. Well I had one SC, who I think was either hard of hearing or just not paying attention. He tried numerous times to sign the screen, while I was holding the paper slip and telling him he needed to sign the paper.

Me: Sir, the pen isn't working, please sign on the paper.
    SC: I'm trying to write my name. It isn't working.
    Me: Yes sir, it isn't working, I need you to sign the paper.
    SC: My name isn't showing up when I sign. Is this working?
    Me: No, it's not working please sign the paper slip.
    SC: Am I all set? I pressed okay.
    ME: No, you are not all set. Please sign on the paper, the credit machine doesn't work right.

After putting the slip and pen right in his face, he finally got the message that I wanted him to sign it. Then he made a comment that there should be a sign that the credit card reader didn't work.

Quoth ellie View Post
    Then he made a comment that there should be a sign that the credit card reader didn't work.
    Even that wouldn't work. You could tape a large "OUT OF ORDER" sign right over the screen, and the SC would flip it up out of the way and still try to sign the screen!
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

At the wholesale club, the nib on our PIN-pad styluses came out all the time, and I'd often get people who would go to sign and hesitate when they saw no pointy-writey bit on the end of the stylus. I'd have to reassure them-- sometimes several times-- that it will still work.

I had one person try to argue that it wouldn't "without the little magnet", as if the PIN-pad is a Magna-Doodle. Fortunately, they realized how silly that was when I pointed out "Having a magnet around a computer is generally a bad idea."
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

"What part of "it's not working" do you not understand?"
        The "I am listening to you" part.
        Sucky Employees = The result of sucky customers getting a job...

Comment

Not. see not starts with n o. and that is no. and SC's cannot hear the word no. so what they hear you say is 'it's t working' and they translate it to 'its working'

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
            At the wholesale club, the nib on our PIN-pad styluses came out all the time, and I'd often get people who would go to sign and hesitate when they saw no pointy-writey bit on the end of the stylus. I'd have to reassure them-- sometimes several times-- that it will still work.
            I dealt with a broken stylus at a customer site. From the way it behaved, it looked like it had 2 sensors - one for where on the panel it was (built into the panel), and the other in the stylus to detect pressure. The "nib" was a bit bent, and it seemed like the pressure sensor was stuck in the "pressed" position - whenever the stylus was close to the panel, it would "leak" electronic ink.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
            X