This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr I-want-to-whinge-about-EVERYTHING

My very 1st call of the day. It's early, I'm tired. And hungry. And cold. Woe is me

So you know how you get some people who call in [literally] like once a week and allllll they do is just whinge whinge whinge?
    This was one of those guys
    The call went for just under an HOUR

Me - *opening spiel*, how can I help you?

SC - Put me through to someone

Me - Ok sir.... who specifically would you like to be transferred through to, and what was the nature of the call please?

SC - I SAID put me through to someone!

Me - Okay...well... you have come through to the call centre, perhaps I can help? What was the enquiry you had today?

SC - You know, I'm absolutely sick of you people. I've had to call in over and over this year, it's been one problem after another. Nothing ever goes right. I'm sick of it, and you're about to cop it, so are you ready?

Me - Okay sir, well just to start with, I'll need to bring up your policy

I bring it up and sure enough, there are notes flagged everywhere. He calls in EVERY FEW DAYS. And everything noted is either trivial or not even an actual complaint, he just called, ranted, then hung up. Seriously dude, do you not have a life...

Me - Ok sir, I've got your details here. How can I help you today?

SC - Card

*silence*

Me - Okay. I need a little more information than that please sir. Did you need a new card sent out? Was there an issue with your current card?

SC - NO! This always happens! My son's card is not working! It never works! Can't you see that?! Do you think you people can get it right and send him one that actually WORKS for once?!

Me - Okay sir, lets have a look. Alright. So, when was it that he said it stopped working?

SC - STOPPED? Are you deaf, I told you, it has NEVER worked!

Me - Hmmm, that's very unusual sir. I can see on the policy here that is has been used successfully several times this month alone. It was last used at the dentist this morning. It looks to be working fine?

SC - No no NO! It has NEVER worked! Every time he trys it, it declines! It declined this morning! What's wrong with you?!

Me - Ok sir, that's fine. I've just placed a request for a new card. The $5 replacement fee will be deducted as part of your next premium

SC - WHAT! Oh no, no no, NO I wont be paying for that

Me - Sir replacement cards are only free if they are lost or proven faulty. Your son's card is in his possession and is swiping through fine, he collected a rebate just this moring using that card. If you insist on a replacement card, the charge is $5

SC - Whatever. If I see that charge there, by god, there'll be trouble for you young lady, you hear me? There'll be trouble. Now, I've got a long list of problems here, you ready to be blasted?

Me - What was the next enquiry sir?

SC - Now, every single time I send you people a claim, there is a problem with it. You are scammers and are just interested in taking people's payments but you never give anything back

Me - Okay sir. Well I can see that this year alone you have claimed around $16,000 in benefits from the fund, could you please be a bit more specific in what you were referring to? Was there a recent claim you sent us that we returned unpaid?

SC - I don't care if I've claimed $16,000 or 16 million! Are you incapable of doing your job? It's the dental claim! You sent a letter saying that my name as the patient wasn't on there and neither was the cost of the service, so I want an answer right now why it was rejected!

Me - Ok sir, one moment...

So I look up the claim, I view the receipt, and sure enough...

Me - Ok sir...well...it was rejected for the reason you just read off the letter...your name is not on there so we have no idea who the patient was, and there is no cost listed, so we have no idea how much you paid or how much the rebate should be

SC - What a joke! Always trying to not pay the customer!

Me - Okay well if you get a receipt that has the required information then it wil go through fine sir

SC - Whatever. I have another complaint

Me - Okay, how could I help?

SC - I had to wait for ovr an hour on hold just to get through, I want compensation for that - I'm a busy man!

Me, deadpan - Sir the call timer when I took your call showed you had been on hold for just over 40 seconds

SC - When then your computers broken isn't it? So what do you do with all the money you steal from your customers then, you're obviously not putting it back into your systems!

Me - Is there anything else I can help you with today sir?

SC - Yes, your physiotherapy benefits are terrible. I'm considering changing health funds so I can move to one that doesn't pay next to nothing!

Me, thinking, oh yes please do change funds - Sir our physio rebates are [in all truth] among the highest in the industry. If you can indeed find another fund that offers the same rebate, for the same or lesser price, then by all means, I would explore that option

SC - Terrible benefits, just terrible!

Me - Okay sir, I've noted your concerns, again you are free to shop around, that is your right

SC - Nonononono you're not getting out of this that easily girl, I have another complaint for you! You ready to be blasted?

Me - Okay, what was your enquiry?

SC - The last time I called, the guy I spoke to called me a flthy c*nt! I want him fired!

Me - Okay sir,what was the name of the gentleman you spoke with?

SC - Barry!

Me - Okay, we have no-one here of that name. Now was there anything else I can help with today?

SC - Yes, I have another complaint

Me - I'm sorry sir but we can only lodge legitimate complaints, I suggest any further complaints you have be submitted in writing

Holy cr*p on a stick, the call went FOREVER and he just going and going and going, and everything he said was just rubbish! Rubbish I tells ya!

What an absolute douchewaffle. The card doesn't work, yet the son used it and it works fine...plus he's gotten $16,000 paid on claims...plus he wants to be compensated for being on hold for 40 seconds. Holy cow. If only we could get compensated for the time we have to waste listening to idiots!!

By the way, next time you see Barry, give him a high five for me
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Well, I believe we have a contender for Doucewaffle of the YEAR! Votes yay or nay anyone?

My GODS I would have rained FIRE upon him!
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Maybe the guy's name was Larry or something. He got lucky by this guy mishearing him or something?
        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
          What an absolute douchewaffle.

Douchewaffle

Oh I love that , you are awesome

Comment

I always loathed those calls. Id rather some one be irrational about an actual problem than just plain ole irrational. At least I could at least somewhat understand.

But calling in just to bitch. I mean.. there has got to be something on television (because its highly unlikely that people like this read

Comment

I vote for him for Douchewaffle of the Year! In fact, give him Asshole of the Year, too!
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                I vote for him for Douchewaffle of the Year! In fact, give him Asshole of the Year, too!
                Agreed! Oh my god can that SC WHINE!
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tilly101 View Post

Douchewaffle

Oh I love that , you are awesome
                  Thank you, but I first learned the term here at good old !
                  "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
                    Thank you, but I first learned the term here at good old !
                    I should totally adopt that in my workplace. Now any time I speak to an SC that got me particularly riled, I shoudl just exclaim after I slam down my headset "Oh that guy was such a DOUCHEWAFFLE!"

I am so gonna do it. I am . People will think I am crazy. Love it

Waffles....mmmm...I'm hungry now hehe

EDITED - because I can't spell. Doh

Comment

Couldn't you have saved him and yourself any further headaches by saying the following:

"Ok sir, due to your list of complaints leading to the fact that we cannot support you nor satisfy your needs, you are no longer a customer with our company and we will not be needing nor doing any business with you or this account any further. Have a nice day.." (click)

Comment

i worked briefly at a call center for people that wanted help getting Rx meds cheap/free - and I had a call that went similarly to this....

man called in(on like a friday), b/c he is almost out of his particular insulin because apparently it didn't come in the right quantity (say he was supposed to get 12, and he only got 8) (and No he didn't let us know here was a problem when he got the shipment in) and we contacted the provider, and they looked at his file, and they were puzzled too - said they'd get it out ASAP(monday most likely) he'd get shortly - well like wednesday, his shipment hasn't arrived yet,(expected there in a few hours, maybe the next day) and he calls in, wanting to know WHY he was shorted -not wanting the tracking info to know how soon to expect it.....So I let him know that we were very sorry, we didn't short his shipment, the medicine company didn't know why it got shorted, they are sending out a full shipment, not just the missing ones, and that it was on its way ... he just kept going on and on about "why didn't I get it" "I need it" and even played the " I could die" card.... at that point I wanted to tell him:

Sir, I did not personally short you, My company does not send the meds, I do Not have a stash here at my desk, and even IF i did - I cannot just teleport it to you like on StarTrek; I do not have a magic wand and can't make it appear instantly infront of you, and believe me if I could do either one of those I would just so I wouldn't have to listen to your grown ass whine like a 6 yr old about "why did this happen this way" your medication is on its way, it will be there when it gets there, and bugging me will not get it there any faster!!!

what i did say was: its on its way, is there anything else I can assist you with today?

and no i did not make it out of the 3 month probationary period at that job.... for the best i am sure
                        Last edited by Treasure; 10-21-2011, 04:52 AM. Reason: more to the story
                        I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

I cannot believe that guy. Beyond sucky. Oh, and Barry had it right
                          There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.

Comment

Quoth Nemesis44UK View Post
                            I cannot believe that guy. Beyond sucky. Oh, and Barry had it right
                            Barry is fiction. I too vote this SC for douchewaffle of the year.
                            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Dear lord I hate these (appropiately named) douchewaffles. I had a few of them back at the satellite company.....one in particular I looked, was calling in multiple times ever day ever since she got the service. I worked the math, based on my wage at the time, and the sheer amount of CSR time she wasted was roughly equal, monetarily speaking, to twice as much as she paid for the satellite service per month.

I could forgive that, but she never had a single problem. The ONLY thing she ever did was rant and throw out the kind of blue streak cursing that could make a sailor blush.
                              *~*THIS SIG HAS BEEN PASSED DOWN THE ARMSTRONG LINE FOR GENERATIONS!*~*

It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.-Elijah Snow

Comment

Working...
                              X