Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sucky, Stupid AND Blind...way to go for the trifecta.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucky, Stupid AND Blind...way to go for the trifecta.

So I come in to work today and there is a computer sitting on my desk with a note on it.

It's already configured, it's all ready to go it just needs me to go up and replace it.

So I shrug, punch in, listen to the phone messages, grab the PC and schlep it to the Doctor's station on the third floor.

Total swap out. Get rid of the crappy and clunky 21 inch CRT Monitor and replace it with a new 21 inch widescreen LCD, new keyboard and mouse, and hook it all up to the new PC.

This is important to the story later...everything that was removed was dingy IBM Beige colored. ALL of the new equipment was shiny Black and Silver.

Easy and quick. However before I can leave I'm flagged over to the nurses station to fix a [smurf]ed up printer. It's a simple fix, they had just replaced the toner cartridge with a "new" (and I use the term loosely) one from a company that re-conditions (and I use that term even more loosely) HP Cartridges, refills and resells them.

And like all the other carts from this company...it was a jammy piece of [smurf].

So they replaced it with a real, genuine HP cart and low and behold...it works.

But that's not the suck here. That came from the doctor who was standing in front of the new computer and next to the cart that had all of the old crap that I was removing.

He tore into me demanding to know when our department was going to do something about this worthless [smurf]ing computer and get something that he can actually do his work on.

And yes he pointed at the new components sitting on the desk while ranting about the crappy old computer, how lazy our department was, and I think he even said something disparaging about my mother and my breeding but most of it was in Hindu so I can't be sure.

I just calmly walked over, grabbed the cart and pointed out the fact that the contents of the cart were the old computer that admittedly had issues and what was on the desk was brand new equipment and that if he was still having any problems he could call me with details of what is wrong and I'll gladly address those issues.

Then I walked off.

Honestly? Is the first prerequisite class in becoming a doctor "Arrogant [smurf]sucker 101"?
    I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
    Honestly? Is the first prerequisite class in becoming a doctor "Arrogant [smurf]sucker 101"?

Why yes, yes it is :-)
    Last edited by Dave1982; 10-21-2011, 02:26 PM. Reason: use QUOTE tags when quoting

Comment

I hope that in this case, Dr. Asshat's attitude and ignorance just means he puts all of his brains and kindness towards his patients and just has none left for anyone else. Not that that excuses the asshattery.
      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Tell me... did the doctor walk with a limp and a cane and answer to the name of House?

Comment

I really , honestly hope his bedside manner is better than what he used with you. I realize that being a doctor is stressful, but...wow. Was that really necessary of him? I think not.
          "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Yeah, House is pretty much the only one I'd let get away with that, and even then...
            My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

That doctor is another fine example of how $200k+ can buy your way through med school, but it can't buy you a lick of class or common sense.
              Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

It's not a class, it's ongoing training throughout med school and residency. They generally start out nice and alert. They get trained that they have so much medical stuff to do and pay attention to that they don't need to do or pay attention to anything non-medical, that less-important people will take care of all that for them. And they wind up inattentive assholes.

Why yes, my ex-husband did move out the week after he graduated from medical school, why do you ask?

Comment

Here's hoping he felt like the jackass he was.

Comment

Quoth barainga View Post
                    Tell me... did the doctor walk with a limp and a cane and answer to the name of House?
                    He would have noticed the new computer though
                    Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

Quoth Kyree View Post
                      He would have noticed the new computer though
                      Yeah, House may be an arrogant [smurf]hole, but he is usually an ATTENTIVE arrogant [smurf]hole. This guy was just an idiot plain and simple.

Comment

[Pedant] Shouldn't that be Hindi, not Hindu?
                        One's a a language, the other a religion. [/Pedant]

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                          Yeah, House is pretty much the only one I'd let get away with that, and even then...
                          I wouldn't. I don't put up with the kind of crap House dishes out.

I am well known to hang up on or walk away from physicians who treat me like that, after uttering the statement "look me up when you're ready to behave like a human being."
                          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth lineswine View Post
                            [Pedant] Shouldn't that be Hindi, not Hindu?
                            One's a a language, the other a religion. [/Pedant]
                            Pbbbbbbttttt!!!!

Honest mistake. Sorry. "I" and "U" are right next to each other and I make no claims that I'm a good typist.
                            I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Working...
                            X