This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astroturf

My company closed a couple of its stores in Illinois recently. They were known to be underperforming stores, and the company's going all-in on its small-town concept anyway.

Every time the company posts something on its facebook page, there's an angry comment from somebody in the city these stores were closed. "Why did you close our stores down, why do you care about our opinions; you closed our stores down, I don't like you anymore because you closed our stores down!" and so on.

Wanna know why we closed your stores down? Because you didn't shop at them. So quit with the whining already.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

No, they expect a business to just keep things there for customers benefit as opposed to actually making money....-.-
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

My guess? Odds are the whiner(s) is(are) some bitter people who lost their jobs when their stores closed.

Just guessing, but seems a reasonable guess.
      I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        Wanna know why we closed your stores down? Because you didn't shop at them. So quit with the whining already.
        Pity you can't actually post that . . .

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
          No, they expect a business to just keep things there for customers benefit as opposed to actually making money....-.-
          Of course! Because someday, on a blue moon, when the stars align, and Cthulhu decides to come up for a snack, that's the day one of those whiners will come in to the store to buy something.
          And you're welcome (in regards to my avatar).

Comment

I'm confused. What does this have to do with astroturf?
            Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Astroturf is fake grass.

Astroturfing is a fake grassroots movement.

Google is your friend.

Comment

Working...
              X