Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Didn't get much back, therefore you MUST have made a mistake!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't get much back, therefore you MUST have made a mistake!

Ok, so. Let me start by saying that I'm fully aware that sometimes the amount of moolah you get back on an insurance claim is not always that great. Spent $500 at the dentist and only got $100 back? Yeah, that sucks.

However. The company I work for has it plastered EVERYWHERE - "Please call your insurer prior to receiving any treatment to confirm how much you will get back, to avoid any suprises!"
    The company makes this reaaaaally clear. it is even printed on the back of their MEMBERSHIP CARD that they have to take to any appointment to be able to claim.

So one thing I hate hate HATE is when customers call in and try and be smarta*ses about.
    For example. I have taken 5 calls so far today. 3 of them have gone as follows:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me - Hi, *opening spiel, how can I help?

SC - Yes, I just got a letter back saying I only got back $200 on my dental claim, I spent $780, quite obviously that's incorrect so I'm calling so you can fix this and pay the rest of my money to me today

Me - Ok sir, one moment please, I'll just have a look at the claim and check what was paid

SC - Yes, and can I say that this is pretty poor service. If I hadn't of called you then you would have gotten away with it, wouldn't you?

Me - I need to have a look at the claim before I can say anything further sir, one moment thanks

*So I look, and sure enough, he was paid the exact correct amount*

Me - Thanks for waiting there sir. Ok, so I've checked the claim and you were paid the correct amount

SC - Sorry, what was that? Quite obviously I wasn't, is there anyone else there who can come to the phone to get this fixed? perhaps someone who isn't new?

Me - Sir I can assure you that I am not 'new'. The rebate you were paid is correct.

SC - You're making me very mad young lady. Why do I bother paying for insurance when I get nothing back, huh?

Me - I'm sorry sir but what you paid was correct. For future reference, you can always call the company to check what you will get back before you get any work done, as per the instruction on your card and in your member guide...

*CLICK, as he hangs up on me*

__________________________________________________ ________

Me - Hi, welcome to *opening spiel*, how can I help you?

SC, in a sarcastic tone - OHHHH! An actual PERSON! Oh what a nice surprise!

*NOTE - aside from our intro button selection to take you through to the right area, you always speak to a real person here, so I don't know what the cr*p she is on about*

Me - Hi there ma'am, so how can I help today?

SC - OHHH, so you want to actually HELP me?

Me - That's what I'm here for ma'am. What was your enquiry?

SC - Well I sent in a claim, and I got it back, and it was shortpaid! I'm wondering if there is anyone there capable of doing anything at all right?

Me - Ok, lets have a look

*Once again, the claim was paid 100% right*

Me - Hi ma'am, thanks for holding there. We've just checked your claim and it was actually paid correctly

SC, in a snotty tone - UM, I think you'll find that it actually WASN"T

Me - Okay. I'm sorry you aren't happy with the rebate, but it was actually paid correctly.

SC - So you're telling me that I only get $50 back out of my $60 phyisiotherapy sessions?

Me - That's correct

SC - That's pathetic!

Me - Okay

SC - I think I'm going to shop around, what do you think about that, huh?!

Me - Okay, that's your choice ma'am. I would probably just double check the rebate on physio with other funds before you cancel though, if you want, only because our rebate is actually one of the highest in the industry. But like I said, it's your choice

SC - Yes! I'll move to a fund that doesn't have pathetic rebates!

*CLICK*

__________________________________________________ ______

Me - Hi, *opening spiel*, how can I help you?

SC - Yeah, you guys stuffed up my claim

Me - Ok sir, let's take a look

*I bring up his dental claim and once again, ding ding ding! We have a winner! A claim that was paid perfectly right*

Me - Hi sir, thanks for holding. Ok, so I can see here that you were paid the correct amounts

SC - NO. I went to the dentist last year and had the EXACT same work done and it was ALL covered. You paid this incorrectly, I demand it be fixed TODAY

Me - Sir you were paid the right...

*interrupts me*

SC - Do YOU pay the claims?

Me - Me personally sir?

SC - Yes, that's what I asked, do YOU sit there on your ass all day and pay the claims?

Me - Well no, no I don't...

*talks over me again*

SC - Then I suggest you stop wasting my time and go and get me someone who knows what they're talking about!

Me - Sir I may not personally pay the claims, but I do know what I'm talking about. We're here in the call centre to take all customer enquiries which means we are trained on every aspect of this business. When a claim is assessed it is sent to us with full assessing notes, so that if a customer was to call, we would be the ones to explain why it was or was not paid and the reasons for that

SC - I'm sorry, are you deaf? I told you to get me someone who knwos what they're talking about. I'm not wasting my time talking to someone like you

Me - Ok sir, that's fine. I will see if a manager is available. One moment please

*Our centre manager was sitting next to me, so he popped on the phone. This is what went down*

Awesome manager - Hi sir...yes...yes...okay...okay well Tilly has already advised you that what you were paid was correct...okay...mmmhmmm...okay...right...okay well yes I am a manager and yes I am also telling you that the claim was paid correctly. Okay...mmmhmm..okay, have a good day sir

Awesome manager, to me - He just wanted to hear it from a manager

Me - What an a*shole

What a bunch of idiots. And the physiotherapy one...ONLY $50 from a $60 claim? So she got back all but $10? What the hell is she whining about then?

Sorry you had to listen to these insulting assholes.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
      What a bunch of idiots. And the physiotherapy one...ONLY $50 from a $60 claim? So she got back all but $10? What the hell is she whining about then?

Sorry you had to listen to these insulting assholes.
      I suppose as long as there are stupid and whingeing customers, there has to be people to sit and listen to their crap LOL

Yeah I felt like saying to her sooo much "Oi, lady! A $10 gap that you have to pay is good, GOOD I tells ya!!"
      I know insurance often leaves a bit of a gap which is lousy, so I would be happy with a $10 gap!
      But some people, you just can't please em'
      Last edited by Dave1982; 10-24-2011, 06:37 PM. Reason: fixed smiley tags

Comment

I feel I should keep my opinion to myself in order to avoid fratching.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
          I feel I should keep my opinion to myself in order to avoid fratching.
          I...don't know what 'fratching' is

Comment

Saying something in here that's going to start a fight. It is strongly discouraged in this forum.
            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
              Saying something in here that's going to start a fight. It is strongly discouraged in this forum.
              Oh ok
              I still don't 100% get it, I don't know what people are 'fighting' about...but ok then

Comment

Quoth tilly101 View Post
                I...don't know what 'fratching' is
                Fratching is our sister site, where we discuss and debate the more controversial subjects that aren't really appropriate here on CS.

One good way to decide if something is better suited here or for Fratching is this:

What is can be discussed here on CS

What should be can be discussed on Fratching.

If you ever find yourself in doubt of whether or not to post something here or over at Fratching, don't hesitate to PM anyone on the mod team. We'll be more than happy to help you figure it out.

BTW, welcome to CS.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Fratching is arguing, stating contentious opinions, political statements, etc. It is best done at our companion website, Fratching.com.

As for getting $50 back on a $60 medical bill, where do I sign up? (I know, you're not in the US.) Since Mrs. IA's doctors do not participate in Medicare, we get about 10-12% back on her main doctor bills. (Of course, those who do participate have most everything covered.) I have a few more years before I am forced into qualify for Medicare, but at the moment my doctors do take it.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                    Fratching is our sister site, where we discuss and debate the more controversial subjects that aren't really appropriate here on CS.

One good way to decide if something is better suited here or for Fratching is this:

What is can be discussed here on CS

What should be can be discussed on Fratching.

If you ever find yourself in doubt of whether or not to post something here or over at Fratching, don't hesitate to PM anyone on the mod team. We'll be more than happy to help you figure it out.

BTW, welcome to CS.
                    Argh, I know I'm making myself sound dumb now but I still don't quite get it
                    I've been posting here for a while now and I thought I was posting in the right area - these are the sucky customers I deal with so I've been posting it all here, but now it's making me think it was the wrong area?
                    I'm worried I'm posting in the wrong area, sorry if I am guys, I thought my posts went here

Comment

Quoth tilly101 View Post
                      Argh, I know I'm making myself sound dumb now but I still don't quite get it
                      I've been posting here for a while now and I thought I was posting in the right area - these are the sucky customers I deal with so I've been posting it all here, but now it's making me think it was the wrong area?
                      I'm worried I'm posting in the wrong area, sorry if I am guys, I thought my posts went here
                      I am not a moderator, but as far as I can tell your posts do not qualify as fratching. You are posting about difficult customers. An example of fratching would be arguing whether or not specific services should or should not be covered by insurance, such as abortion services.
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                        I am not a moderator, but as far as I can tell your posts do not qualify as fratching. You are posting about difficult customers. An example of fratching would be arguing whether or not specific services should or should not be covered by insurance, such as abortion services.
                        Ohhh!
                        Oh god no, I make sure anything I post is nothing more than a recount of the calls I've just had, I don't really offer much in the way of an opinion other than 'Man, b*tch was craaaaaazy' LOL

There are so many ins and out to the world of insurance that other than giving recounts of what just happened on the call, I don't dare weigh in with my opinion , that's when things get messy

Comment

No worries Tilly, your posts are just fine for this board...I'm sure you'd have been told otherwise by now if they weren't Sometimes one of us will post something and someone else will take issue with it, and start an argument instead of either just reporting the post as offensive or rule-breaking or just ignoring it (and perhaps starting a new topic on the Fratching board )
                          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth tilly101 View Post
                            SC - NO. I went to the dentist last year and had the EXACT same work done and it was ALL covered. You paid this incorrectly, I demand it be fixed TODAY
                            I had the opposite happen to me. The previous visit was partially covered and then the next visit was fully covered for the same work. I was stunned as was the people at the Dentist. (Swipe my health insurance card at the dentist and get instant rebate). It turns out that I had built up a bonus and got the whole treatment paid.

Your customers are definitely sucky about it. Now, if the notes said they called yesterday and were quoted x rebate but got paid less then they could complain. But from your other posts they can't seem to remember that correctly either.

Comment

By the way, re your emoticons, I think there's about a 50 character limit then it automatically inserts a space. Example:

The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                              X