This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerk.

Oh man, it was like a parade of assholes. I don't know what the hell was wrong but it was one jerk after another. This one guy had me shaking for like an hour after he left.

Okay, so ONE of our ATMS was out of money. We don't own them and the people who fill them are like ninety miles away and its a sunday. We called them and they said they'd come fill it. BS!

Me: Hello. How are you? (notices he's doing a credit card transaction) okay, sir I will need the card you used and your ID please.

The SC puts the card on the table and then I ask him to remove his license from his wallet.

SC: Are you fucking serious?

Me: Yes sir.

I have to hold it and make sure it matches your freaking credit card and that is real. Hand it over jerk.

I then hold it under the black lights they gave us to check if its real.

SC: Oh my god. Did you just scan my ID??

ME: I had to make sure it wasn't fake.

I couldn't pull a good lie out of my ass at that moment.

He was cussing up a storm the whole time. I tried to ignore him. By the time I got to the screen where I was typing in his info he went bat shit crazy.

SC: Once you put my info in you WILL cross it off.

Me: NO sir. I can't do that. In fact once it prints I will need your signature and thumb print.

SC: Cancel this shit right now! It's ridiculous!!!

I had it. I just stormed away to get my supervisor to put up with the cussing jerk. She went out there and was eerie calm and pissing him off because she was so calm and not letting him get a rise out of her.

He got the reaction he wanted from me, so I chose to hide in the back.

SV-supervisor

SC: THis is ridiculous, do I get compensation for all this? It's horrible!

He belly ached like we made him copy the dictionary.

Dude, I could've had you out in under two mins. I'm doing the work, not you!

He cussed her out for a good ten mins and acted like a spoiled brat when she asked him to sign the check and thumb print it. He scribbled his name like a five year old and then gave her the middle finger print.

She then told him that unfortunately his signature did not match his DL's and she made him sign again. He scribbled more. She made him give a thumb print or he wasn't going to get paid.

Good god man! Just do the shit and get the hell out of my window!

I was glancing over the doors to see if that jerk was gone yet. Nope.

SC: I can see YOU glaring!!!

I actually wasn't. But I had not so nice thoughts in my head so maybe I did?

ME: I'm NOT glaring, SIR.

He threatened to put an out of order sign on the atm. Part of me wished he did lol But SV told him no that would be defacing property and she'd take it off.

CO worker called security but those fuckers are so slow at helping us we could get shot before they'd ever make a move.

FINALLY the asshole leaves. I was sooo angry.

I felt stupid because I was so upset that I was shaking and could NOT go back up there. I kept telling myself its just a job and he's just a jerk but could not calm down.
    Last edited by Anakah; 10-25-2011, 08:30 AM.

I hate to say this, but I'm 100% against ID scanning. Granted, it sounds like you just blacklighted the ID rather than actually scanning it, and this jerk certainly could have handled the situation a LOT better, but at the same time, I absolutely refuse to let anyone scan my ID that isn't a government agency.

You're doing your job, I get that, but I'd make sure that the person knows your intentions with their ID in the future because more and more people are putting their foot down on this.
    Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Still doesn't give him the right to cuss Akasa out. At all. One can be civil and polite while saying "I would prefer you don't do that" as opposed to "YOU FUCKING IDIOT I DON'T WANT MY GODDAM ID SCANNED )(*U&^%%%&*(!!!!!!!!!!"
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

I do not see a problem with having my ID scanned. You want my bad credit fine have it...
        We had a salesrep from Camel in and he had to scan all IDs if you wanted the free pack he was giving away. This thing actually took a photo of the ID and stored it inside the handheld machine to be sent to Camel. Not a single person complained.

Also to buy beer around here they scan your ID like a credit card. And yes it stores the info, they found a bunch of college kids with bad IDs because one said he was over 55 feet tall when it scanned.

Comment

Quoth VenomX View Post
          ...said he was over 55 feet tall when it scanned.
          Whoops! Was supposed to be ... feet long.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
            Jerk.
            Understatement of the year.

Quoth Anakah View Post
            He threatened to put an out of order sign on the atm. Part of me wished he did lol But SV told him no that would be defacing property and she'd take it off.
            Just curious, if an ATM is out of money, isn't that the perfect reason to put an "out of order" sign on it?
            Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
            Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
            Fiancee: What?!
            Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Not sure what's involved in 'scanning ID' and why it's controversial ... can somebody clarify, please 'n' thanks?

Anakah, sorry you had to deal with this. If the guy's a regular there, he should know the routine by now. And like iradney says, if the guy is against scanning, that's fine, but there are nicer ways to say so. Sounds like he was just looking forward to making somebody else's day miserable.

Comment

Quoth thehuckster View Post
                Just curious, if an ATM is out of money, isn't that the perfect reason to put an "out of order" sign on it?
                IIRC from her previous stories there is a system where cards first are validated by the ATM then brought to the Cage.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
                  Not sure what's involved in 'scanning ID' and why it's controversial ... can somebody clarify, please 'n' thanks?.
                  Some people are really paranoid about either the government or big corporations tracking your every move and purchase. In the case of the former, it's the off the grid guys who want to keep everything about their personal lives personal.

And I actually don't have a problem with that. The government does collect way too much information on its citizens.

So do corporations, and this I really dislike because it's used for marketing purposes and is a driver of junk mail and spam. One of these days the ad boys will figure out how to do rolling targeted 3D billboards that activate and target you simply when you walk by ala "Minority Report."
                  They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Some of you would have to boycott my C-store. Just saying. We scan the barcode on the back of the ID (provided you live in a state that has the type that we work with) when we check ages for cigs/beer/lottery tickets. All it does is check the DOB and such on the license. No different than if I typed the birthdate in myself. Yet, people think that by scanning that barcode, I've just stolen every piece of information that ever existed on them. Other places may be (and probably are) different, but I'm fairly certain that the info is not stored on our system at all. It checks the date and that's it. As for the guy in the story--Jerk does not begin to describe him. Sorry you had to deal with that, and kudos to your boss!
                    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

The places in Alaska and around here scan them, it just shows the info that is on the front so they can make sure it matches. It is the info YOU give the DMV when you apply for a card.

Comment

Quoth 24601 View Post
                        The places in Alaska and around here scan them, it just shows the info that is on the front so they can make sure it matches. It is the info YOU give the DMV when you apply for a card.
                        Exactly. This is the information that you've already given to the government when you got your license. The same information that they sell everyone in most states anyway for their mailing lists.

Comment

I'd rather them check my id's and scan me (even if it's a huge pain in the ass) because at least I know they're doing what they can to prevent fraud. That jackass should go eat sand.
                          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                            Some people are really paranoid about either the government or big corporations tracking your every move and purchase. In the case of the former, it's the off the grid guys who want to keep everything about their personal lives personal.

And I actually don't have a problem with that. The government does collect way too much information on its citizens.

So do corporations, and this I really dislike because it's used for marketing purposes and is a driver of junk mail and spam. One of these days the ad boys will figure out how to do rolling targeted 3D billboards that activate and target you simply when you walk by ala "Minority Report."
                            Actually, a lot of people simply don't like their personal info stored by corporations, etc. because they often store it on systems with little or no security against hackers, so who know who could end up with it. And I do agree that policy should be to tell a person before they scan your ID that they're going to scan it.

That said, no one should have to put up with crap like the SC in the original post, and anyone should have enough common sense (oops, we are talking SC's aren't we) to realize the person scanning their ID is certainly not the person who dictates policy. Going off on the poor person checking ID's and following their companies policy isn't going to change a thing, and is entirely uncalled for.

Madness takes it's toll....
                            Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                              Actually, a lot of people simply don't like their personal info stored by corporations, etc. because they often store it on systems with little or no security against hackers, so who know who could end up with it. And I do agree that policy should be to tell a person before they scan your ID that they're going to scan it.
                              ^This.
                              In fact, many companies were caught storing these in the first place because their databases were hacked and all the information stolen. Not to mention, a lot of companies automatically add you to a junk mail list once they have the information without asking permission.
                              Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Working...
                              X