Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eww. What is wrong with people?? (No bodily fluids involved, promise!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eww. What is wrong with people?? (No bodily fluids involved, promise!)

I am actually quite pleased to be getting so many hours at work. I am a "holiday hire" for a major department store that has worked there for a year and am still considered "temporary", but that's a rant for another day. This story is all about one particular incident that made me just wonder what this world is coming to.

We recently had our one day sale that lasts for three days. Being in the shoe department, this can make for interesting days. My job includes bringing out dozens of pairs of shoes for picky ass women who do not buy nearly enough to make up for their annoyance factor, and picking up the shoes people leave strewn about. This includes the clearance rack, which in my store is about 8 wire racks of shoes. As you might imagine, it was chaos. Women everywhere, shoes everywhere, kids running amok, and a few weary husbands with their eyes glued to their smartphones.

I finally got a moment and was attempting to pick up the shoes off the floor around the racks so none of the children tripped over them, when I saw one of the clear plastic inserts that come in the shoes set way back, on the wire. So I grabbed it. Mistake. It was full of what I determined to be foundation. Apparently, one of the bored kids had gotten into the makeup at the counter behind us, and decided to leave me a gift. Yay! I mean, really? In what universe is that considered fun, and where the hell was the mother of this future beacon of light?

To make it even worse, it wasn't until I got into the bathroom to wash it off that I realized it was our special studio makeup that never ever washes off without alcohol or something. Sigh. How many shopping days till Christmas again?
    Last edited by Dave1982; 10-24-2011, 07:05 PM.
    "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

60. 61 if your store is open on Thanksgiving day.

Good luck!

Actually, my math might be off a day...

Comment

We are not, thank all the deities that ever existed! I love the money, oh boy do I love it, but sometimes working with the public makes me want to cry. Or scream. Or run, screaming and crying, down the street. This one was not so bad, of course, but if it's starting this early, who knows what I have in store for me?
      "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
        60. 61 if your store is open on Thanksgiving day.

Good luck!

Actually, my math might be off a day...
        Your right.

Comment

Working...
        X