This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New approach!

I am forever trying to come up with new and varied ways in which to deal with rude and stupid customers. I always make sure I never cross that line where I could be considered as having been flat out 'rude', but a little hint of sarcasm does sneak it's way in every now and then. It's how I stay sane, people

I just had this conversation, and to mix it up a bit, I decided right at the start of the call as soon as he started up with his cr*p that I would trial a 'blase' way of handling this dumba*s, giving him next to no reaction at all. Seemed to go ok

Me, cheery - Welcome to Health Insurance Inc, how can I help you?

SC - Yeah listen, I sent you a claim and I never got anything back, I want to know what the f**k is taking you people so long! It's a f**king joke!

Me - Certainly sir, one moment and I will bring up your policy and take a look

I bring up his policy, and voila, he is full of sh*t. He has already called this morning, and we already told him he got nothing back on his claim because he didn't send us the receipt. So at present, we have no proof what the service cost, or even that he actually had the service. We told him if he sends the receipt then of course we can pay the claim from there.

Me - Okay sir, I can see that you were advised this morning to send your receipt, then we can pay your claim

SC - I don't gotta send you pri*ks nothin'! I ain't wasting my time with no receipts!

Me - Okay, your claim wont be paid until we have the receipt. Was there anything else I can help with today?

SC - What! When the f*ck you gonna pay my claim?!

Me - It won't be paid until we have the receipt

SC - What the f**k!

Me - ..............

SC - Hello?!?!?!

Me - Yes, I'm still here

SC - So?! When you gonna pay my f**ing claim?!

Me - It wont be paid until we have the receipt

SC - You're a f**king bi*ch

Me - Okay

SC - So you gonna pay it?!

SC - F**k you!

Me - Okay

SC - You guys are f**ked!

Me - Okay

SC - Why the f**k do you make it so hard for people to claim?!

Me - We don't

SC - You f**king do!

Me - As soon as we have evidence of a service having taken place, that is, as soon as we have the receipt, it you have that service on your poilcy, we pay the claim

SC - Why the f**k do I need a f**king receipt?!

Me - To prove the service took place. Fraud is rife these days sir.

SC - That's f**ked!

Me - It sure is. Fraud is terrible.

SC - I want to complain about this sh*t

Me - I've already noted down your complaint on your policy sir

SC - Get me a f**king manager!

Me - I'm the manager on duty

SC - F**k you!

Me - Okay

SC - F**k!

Me - ...............

SC - HELLO?!

Me - Yes sir?

SC - What the f**k!

Me - ...............

SC - I ain't sending you guys the f**king receipt, I ain't wasting my time here you got it?

Me - Ok sir, we can't pay the claim then. Was there anything else I can help with today?

SC - You're a f**king dog!

Me - Okay

SC - ............

Me - ..............

SC - .............

Me - Great, thanks for calling !
    *CLICK*

This is one of those calls that I wish we could just straight up tell them something like this:

Cussing me isnt doing any good. You must submit proof of services rendered do you need the address with which to send your receipt?

(if he continues being a prick)

Thank you for calling (click)

Comment

That was awesome! I bet he was fifteen shades of purple by the time you hung up!

Comment

"It's very simple, sir. You do your part, then we can do ours. You send us your receipt, then we can send the payment.

Swearing at us will do no good. Acting like a spoiled child does no good. Your filthy language will not intimidate me into giving you what you want. You still have to do your part before we do ours."

How has that idiot gotten this far in life without understanding simple concepts like manners, courtesy and quid pro quo? And what was with the swearing and namecalling, did he think you were going to go, "Ooh, stop with the mean scary words, and I'll give you what you want!"?

Entitled asshats like him deserve precisely what he got: nothing!
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I like the way you think, Tilly!
          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Any bets that he has thrown the receipt away?
            (suckers bet i know)

Comment

::slow clap:: Brava, Tilly, that was masterful. How the H did you manage to keep your composure, and not giggle and ruin the experiment?

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                How has that idiot gotten this far in life without understanding simple concepts like manners, courtesy and quid pro quo? And what was with the swearing and namecalling, did he think you were going to go, "Ooh, stop with the mean scary words, and I'll give you what you want!"?

Entitled asshats like him deserve precisely what he got: nothing!
                I *VERY* much agree he got what he deserves...but there have even been books written about how acting like an ass gets results. Look at how many stories on here end with 'and then the SC talked to management and got what they want'

People act entitled because they've been treated that way, and taught that it works *shrugs*

Comment

Quoth tilly101 View Post
                  I am forever trying to come up with new and varied ways in which to deal with rude and stupid customers.

SC - So?! When you gonna pay my f**ing claim?!

Instead of saying this response, why not just try saying:

"We'll pay it when you prove to us you had the service done"

That kiind of answer is much more simple for idiots to understand
                  Part Angel Part Sadist

Comment

Quoth nuthing12 View Post
                    That kiind of answer is much more simple for idiots to understand
                    Yeah, but then you have the stupid, "Are you calling me a liar and a thief?" retort.
                    Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
                    Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
                    Fiancee: What?!
                    Me: Nevermind.

Comment

I wonder how many people realize that swearing over the phone lines is technically a federal offense since it is covered by the FCC.
                      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                        I wonder how many people realize that swearing over the phone lines is technically a federal offense since it is covered by the FCC.
                        Actually it isn't. Swearing over publicly licensed broadcast spectrum will get you in trouble. Over private phone lines, everything from Dial-a-Preacher to the kinkiest phone sex is perfectly legal. Indeed it would get the phone company in big trouble to discriminate against any communication that was not, in and of itself, illegal. (i.e., they ARE allowed to discriminate against callers routinely phoning in bomb threats)

Comment

Quoth Kazim View Post
                          Any bets that he has thrown the receipt away?
                          (suckers bet i know)
                          I would actually guess there is no receipt as what they are claiming probably doesn't exist. Getting a 2nd receipt fro ma Dr's office is damn easy.

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                          Sorry, that one is an urban legend. There are obscenity laws in many states that do cover swearing on the phone, but no FCC regulations (which aren't actually laws any way, more like a civil thing).

Comment

Quoth thehuckster View Post
                            Yeah, but then you have the stupid, "Are you calling me a liar and a thief?" retort.
                            I which I would respond: "I don't have to."
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

"No receipt, no payment. Bye now!"

But I like your way better. Lots more fun!
                              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                              X