This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Thank you very much jackass"

The title is the reply I received from a student asking for information about our organization for a school paper he has to write.

He sent us an e-mail asking basic questions about us. We get a lot of those this time of year. We usually reply with a link to the "About Us" section of our web site. Many of these student expect us to write their papers and/or do all of their research for them.

If I knew where this little shit went to school, I'd forward his reply to them.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Look him up on Facebook? He's probably there, and probably lists his school there, so you can find/use what he publishes about himself to report him

Comment

Quoth Pedersen View Post
      Look him up on Facebook? He's probably there, and probably lists his school there, so you can find/use what he publishes about himself to report him
      Already tried that. No listing. :-)

Besides, he's a school kid. Might seem creepy. lol

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
        Besides, he's a school kid. Might seem creepy. lol
        Yeah, that could definitely backfire. What did the kid expect you to do? Send a promotional video?
        Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
        Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
        Fiancee: What?!
        Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Quoth thehuckster View Post
          Yeah, that could definitely backfire. What did the kid expect you to do? Send a promotional video?
          Nope, just a one page report, double spaced, with all info and to specifications by teacher for his assignment (and with his name
          typed at the top so he can print & submit as is).

Yep, sure is a shame you can't report him to that teacher without going stalker

Madness takes it's toll....
          Please have exact change ready.

Comment

But you can reply to his email with a note saying 'I am sorry we are unable to do your entire report for you. I have forwarded your reply to your teacher. Have a great day!'
            Then he can have the fun of worrying whether his teacher will comment or inform his parents. lol

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
              But you can reply to his email with a note saying 'I am sorry we are unable to do your entire report for you. I have forwarded your reply to your teacher. Have a great day!'
              Then he can have the fun of worrying whether his teacher will comment or inform his parents. lol
              I already asked about that. ;-) It was decided "No". :-(

Comment

At least he said thank you.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

"You're more than welcome. We're pleased to provide students with the resources to learn about our organization."

Politeness is a wonderful tool for sarcasm. Though I expect this student wouldn't grasp the concept.
                  A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Similar to the kids who used to call us and ask how much a full page ad costs. Every year, some teachers decide it's a good idea to have the kids "research" this stuff for some kind of marketing class. I finally started telling them how much it is per inch or per line, and how many lines or inches are in a full page. Let them do the math.
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                      Nope, just a one page report, double spaced, with all info and to specifications by teacher for his assignment (and with his name
                      typed at the top so he can print & submit as is).

Yep, sure is a shame you can't report him to that teacher without going stalker
                      Yep. You don't think he actually wanted to spend his time doing the work himself, did you?

Comment

Working...
                      X