This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Is Why I Keep Records

Client: I need an image of this similar size to the one you did for me before, and I believe you charged me $10.
    Seraph: Really?....that's awful low.... <pulls up invoice as he keeps talking>
    Client: Maybe it was $15, but I distinctly remember it being $10 (Maybe, but distinctly? /blinks )
    Seraph: Looks like it was $30.
    Client: No, you gave me the image, plus the other one, for like....$35. So its half of that.
    Seraph: Well I have the invoice right here, it was $30.
    Client: Really?
    Seraph: I have all my records online, so I can pull them up at any point. Would you like me to click this button and have it immediately resent to your email so you can confirm this?
    <client has logged off>

By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Gotta love those "I'm going to pretend that I paid $x for the image and hope you don't remember that I actually paid $xx when I ask you to alter it" idiots.
    "But I don't want to be among mad people."
    You can't help that. We're all mad here. Every fucking one of us.

Comment

Yeah, but I totally admit this made my day. I've been giggling to myself ever since.
      By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

PWNED! good on ya
        Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
        What's the difference?
        We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Usual SC thinking: "What are these.....records of which you speak?"

Comment

o yeah records can save your ass.
            that's why we have to log every time we call the customer etc, and have them sign off on specific paperwork.

so when they complain that they weren't told something we can find the notes that prove it - and the places they signed the paperwork of course for other matters.

Comment

I had this happen yesterday. A guest checks in and they say they remember paying around $50 last time they stayed with us. I pull up the previous reservation and I see that they paid $79.99, the same as what I was charging last night. They quieted up after that.
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I keep about two years of emails, sent and received.

About once a month I'll get a call along the lines of, "I CAN'T BELIEVE I SENT YOU THE INFORMATION TWO MONTHS AGO AND I STILL DON'T HAVE ANYTHING! I HAVE CRANES ON SITE, EQUIPMENT DELIVERED AND CONSTRUCTION WORKERS SITTING AROUND DOING NOTHING BECAUSE YOU DROPPED THE F-ING BALL! YOU HAVE TO DROP EVERYTHING AND DO THIS NOW THEN PERSONALLY DRIVE IT DOWN..."

By the time they get that far I have usually located the work I did, noted the date I completed it, gone to that date in my sent emails and found the email with attachments that I had sent to them...

"Well, looks like I sent the completed work to you five weeks ago. Sorry if you didn't receive it. I just forwarded the original email to you again. If you don't receive it in the next five minutes please check your spam folder and call me back if you still are having trouble."

It so much more fun to forward the original email than to just re-send the work!
                You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

Ah, yes. I adore forwarding the original email again. I end up re-sending things semi-regularly to people who never check their spam folders.

Then again, I never use a spam folder just to avoid this problem entirely.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Actually, it really doesn't matter what was quoted last time. Last time was last time, prices/things change. Oh wait, that is too difficult for a SC to understand. Today I might need money and be willing to sell a DS for $10..tomorrow I might not be willing to sell it for $200.
                    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Caractacus_Potts View Post
                      I keep about two years of emails, sent and received.

About once a month I'll get a call along the lines of, "I CAN'T BELIEVE I SENT YOU THE INFORMATION TWO MONTHS AGO AND I STILL DON'T HAVE ANYTHING! I HAVE CRANES ON SITE, EQUIPMENT DELIVERED AND CONSTRUCTION WORKERS SITTING AROUND DOING NOTHING BECAUSE YOU DROPPED THE F-ING BALL! YOU HAVE TO DROP EVERYTHING AND DO THIS NOW THEN PERSONALLY DRIVE IT DOWN..."
                      Well, he's a dumb shit if he gets expensive equipment and workers on a construction site, and doesn't check to make sure he has the plans in hand before doing so . . . .
                      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
                      X