This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, sure we'll buy your software... O_o

Had a guy come in yesterday asking us about how we handle jobs at customer's houses and how we connect.

I'll call him Curly because of his very curly hair.

Curly: I'm a programmer and wanted to know if you could use an app for organizing this.

I thought about it and showed him our home page and the links for employment and for developers. The links don't work for us in store - cos how dare we job hunt in the corporation from at work - but I could at least show him where it was.

Curly: No. I don't want to work for you. I just wanted to see if you could use the app. *leaves*

Yeah. We're just going to buy an app from someone who walks in off the street ... WITHOUT corporation scrutinizing it for security leaks?

He may have been innocent but.... not worth the risk. If he doesn't want to submit it via the official corporation channels, it's not something we're going to even CONSIDER using.

I mean there's no telling if he embedded commands in it to steal customer information, identity, or even corporate info. Which is of course why I directed him to the employment & developer links. not to mention no one at the store has that kind of authority anyway. not even sure the GM could authorize that really.
    Last edited by PepperElf; 10-27-2011, 01:19 AM.

Smart. That's exactly the kind of social engineering that hackers use. Even if he is just very naive or desperate, it's not worth taking the chance with computer computers . . . and your job.

Did he actually have a working copy he wanted you to put on your computers?
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
    X