This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm seeing a pattern here...

Ok, I'm pretty convinced that all of these are from the same woman. I'm surprised the hag hasn't been barred yet.

My incident:

Background: So the GM at the time (who since left, and thank God for it) sets up a snake queue system on concessions (or the refreshment character) with an express line to the Ben and Jerry's scoop shop. The girl on the till here has gone on break, and it picks up while she is away. I have to pass Ben and Jerry's to go to the scales for Pick n' Mix, which we charge by weight. Bear in mind, the tills clearly say 'This till is closed' whenever they are locked or when no one is logged into them. I was weighing sweets for a customer.

SC: And when are you going to serve me?
    Me: I'm sorry ma'am, this till is closed, but just join the main queue and you'll be served as soon as possible.
    SC: That's stupid! Why are the barriers like this if it's closed?
    Me: There was someone at the till when the barrier was set up, but she was sent on break. Please join the main queue ma'am.
    (I go and continue serving my customer GC, but SC decides to have the last word)
    SC: (barging between my customers, a young couple) You need to learn how to treat your customers you insolent cow! I won't stand for that treatment! (fumes off)
    GC: What was that about?
    Me: She didn't take the fact that she could jump the queue by going to the ice cream counter.
    GC: Does that happen a lot?
    Me: Sadly.

She went to a colleague and demanded a manager, fortunately, the manager who came to deal with her was not a newbie and knew me far too well to buy her bullshit. He spoke to me and said not to worry about it because by the time he saw her she was accusing me of swearing at her and he knew me better than that (I have the cleanest mouth in town according to some people ).

Moving on:

My sister, who I'll call SL, starts working with us, I go around the back of concessions to get some water and I find her furious. She rants about a customer who really had a go at her.

Me: Let me guess, brown hair, quite stocky, two people with her?
    SL: How the Hell did you know that?
    Me: I had a customer fitting that description try to chew me out.

And Today:

SP, a fairly new guy (he passed probation about a month ago) had a customer who had a right go. When our Pocket Money Performance (not its real name, but a cheap ticket for a movie that is about to or has gone onto DVD is brought back) sells out. This happens:

SC: I want to see <other film> at <Pocket Money Performance price>!
    SP: That isn't possible ma'am.
    SC: That's my right since you won't sell me tickets to <PMP film>!
    SP: I can't sell you tickets to a showing that has sold out ma'am.

She throws a bitch fit, but the managers back him up. Later, we have this conversation.

SP: You should've listened to this woman <my name> I wanted to strangle her.
    Me: She didn't happen to be stocky with brown hair did she?
    SP: Come to think of it, yeah.
    Me: Great, I think that I've had her before...

Ugh! She manages to always go to someone else, but constantly give us a hard time. If I see her, I'll ask the managers to bar her...

It's always the same ones, isn't it? It's sad when I see one coming and I know there's going to be a problem. Sometimes I'd rather lose their business.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

And then there are the handfull of people who are always sweet and helpful.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Theres always a rotten apple that spoils the day. It's nice to hear you have managers that will back you up and ban her.

Comment

Working...
        X