This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Obnoxious...

A bit of background, I now work in the debt recovery section for a bank, sometimes a crappy job, sometimes a very rewarding job, but a job someone has to do. /bg

ME? OBNOXIOUS?

This guy called up, was very pleasant to start with. A little bg on our security process, if they fail 2 questions we send them to a branch to verify their identity.

ME - Me
    SC - ... Your call

ME: Good morning you're through to (company) can I take a reference number please?
    SC: Good morning, yes it's xxxxxxxxxxx.
    ME: Thank you, and can you confirm your full name for security.
    SC: Yes, It's (name)
    ME: Thank you and your date of birth?
    SC: (Date of Birth)
    ME: And your post code?
    SC: (wrong postcode)
    ME: Ok and can you please confirm the last transaction made on this account?
    SC: I HAVE NOT USED THIS ACCOUNT IN YEARS MISSY! ASK ME SOMETHING ELSE!
    ME: Unfortunately Sir, I have asked you everything I can so unless you are able to provide me with that information I won't be able to proceed with the call today.
    SC: HOW THE @£$£ AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT THE LAST THING WAS ON IT? YOU WONT LET ME USE THE @£$£@£$ ACCOUNT!
    ME: Sir, Unfortunately I won't be able to pass you on security on this phone call therefore may I suggest you go to a Branch..
    SC: WHAT DID I FAIL ON?
    ME: Unfortunately Sir, I cannot tell you due to Data Protection.
    SC: NO.
    ME: But what I am advising you is you need to go to a Branch sir, with some Photo ID.
    SC: NO.
    ME: Sir, They will be able to Identify you, give us a call for free from branch (we're an 0845 number).
    SC: NO NO NO YOU WILL GIVE ME MY DETAILS NOW, YOU WILL DISCUSS WHATEVER I WANT.
    ME: Sir, I am not able to do that I'm afraid, as I have explained to you, you have not passed the security process on this phone call. I will not...
    SC: NO NO NO NO
    (rinse and repeat for 5 minutes)
    ME: Sir, we are going round in circles, I will not be able to discuss the account with you, I have advised you the best way for you to be able to discuss the account.
    SC: YOU HAVE DONE NO SUCH THING.
    ME: Sir, I have advised you to go to a branch.
    SC: THEY CAN'T HELP ME!
    ME: They will do Sir, They will ID you and then give us a call and we can continue this conversation there.
    SC: Are these calls being recorded Sh0rtcake?
    ME: Yes they are.
    SC: Then to the person listening, Sh0rtcake is the most obnoxious person I have ever spoken to, she has been thoroughly unhelpful and her phone manner is appalling.
    ME: ....
    SC: ... *hangs up*

www.facebook.com/chloedeamusic

Singer, songwriter and small person

Yes... you're obnoxious.
    You are also rude, selfish, annoying, racist, lazy, smelly, dumb...
    ...Have I missed any yet?
    ....unhelpful, mean, cruel, inhuman, a bully and a theif.

Congratulations.
    That means you scored 100% on "Does job correctly".
    Sucky Employees = The result of sucky customers getting a job...

Comment

I also do security calls for my company and I must say I am very impressed that you were able to keep cool during this call. I hear it a lot from customers who are like that, and you did very well.

Comment

I had some sympathy for the customer at the point where he says "What did I get wrong" and you have to tell him "I can't tell you due to data security." I understand why it's that way (obviously the CSO has NO way of knowing who's really on the other end of the phone) but it's enormously frustrating to those of us who can barely remember what we had for breakfast, let alone all of our Secret Squirrel info.

However, you gave him a viable option, and instead of taking it, he opted to throw a hissy fit. So to him.

Comment

Iseeyouthere - you forgot to mention ruining Christmas.

Comment

Quoth Lyse View Post
            Iseeyouthere - you forgot to mention ruining Christmas.
            And stupid! Don't forget stupid!
            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

What a maroon

He forgot to mention that your Mother was a hampster and your Father smelt of elderberries!
              The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Also splurby, noobah and pizkwat.

(From the carton strip Dilbert http://search.dilbert.com/comic/Three%20Bullet%20Points

Comment

I kept thinking of this while I was reading.... XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTPwcTlLiow
                  By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth Seraph
                    I kept thinking of this while I was reading.... XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTPwcTlLiow
                    I think I kinda love you Seraph. That whole clip is awesome.
                    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Wow, that guy got all sucky, and you didn't even get to the part about all the money he owes...

Comment

Ahaa I haven't ruined anyone's Christmas yet, only been there since February though so I'll keep everyone posted
                        www.facebook.com/chloedeamusic

Singer, songwriter and small person

Comment

Wow, reading that gave me flashbacks to my call center days.

I remember multiple calls than ran at least TEN minutes going around and around in circles because we couldn't get security verification from the customer.

Of course we weren't allowed to hang up so we just had to keep going in circles until the customer finally gave up.

Two of those calls ended up being Supervisor calls.
                          "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Working...
                          X