This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading Earth.

So yesterday half the state lost power. Our local newspaper lost power as it was printing the Sunday news. Therefore, Aid of Rite did not get newspaper deliveries, except for Boston Globe, NY Times and other larger papers. Cue much complaining.

One old guy was especially irate.

"NO POWER? HOW DO YOU THINK THEY PRINTED NEWSPAPERS IN THE OLD DAYS WHEN THE EARTH WAS FLAT?!?"

Coworker P: "Well, they stopped using them when they upgraded the shape of the earth!"

Cue old guy: and me and about 10 other people laughing.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Ow. My brain 'sploded.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Shit! I needed that laugh. to your coworker.
      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

LOL! Nice pwnage!
        "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I suspect the meaning of "by hand" would be lost on this guy.
          I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Hah!

And I gotta ask - the Monitor, or the Leader? Cause I've got jokes about BOTH readerships that fit this...

Comment

I'm pretty happy that Salem and the North Shore didn't get hit with the power outage.

Stupid people have been short on electricity for a while.

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
                So yesterday half the state lost power. Our local newspaper lost power as it was printing the Sunday news. Therefore, Aid of Rite did not get newspaper deliveries, except for Boston Globe, NY Times and other larger papers. Cue much complaining.

One old guy was especially irate.

"NO POWER? HOW DO YOU THINK THEY PRINTED NEWSPAPERS IN THE OLD DAYS WHEN THE EARTH WAS FLAT?!?"
                Appropriate answer: With hand-operated presses - and in those days, a 4-page newspaper with a 500 copy circulation was considered big.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                X