This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I'm late picking up my kids from school, and its your fault!"

Yes, this stupid bitch said something along those lines, and the story goes like this.
    I asked her if she was having a nice day and she mumbles "yes". I had forgotten that I asked her this already, as I always try to make sure to ask every customer. IB= Impatient Bitch.
    IB: Yes I am. You asked me that already!
    Well excuse me for asking if your having a nice day, you stupid fucking cunt!
    Me: Sorry, Maam. I always try to make sure I ask everyone.
    IB: It just seems like you're doddling!
    I look at the lady behind me, and we give each other the same look. Yeah, this lady is acting like a total bitch.
    I'm doddling? Yeah sure, lady. I'm deliberately going slow because I want to make you mad. Idiot.
    Me (in a somehwat annoyed tone now) Trust me, Maam. I am not doddling, and I actually go fast.
    IB: You just seem like you're having too much fun!
    Fun?! Oh sure, work is supposed to be fun! Look at how much fun I'm having purposely holding you up in the line!
    Me: Maam, I ask everybody if they're having a good day, and that's all I am doing with you. I am not doddling, take my word for it.
    IB: You can tell the school that when I am late picking up my kids!
    Ok, so now you're blaming me for making you late to pick up your stupid kids?! This lady is a real psycho!
    At that point I did not say anything else to her and bagged her stuff. I kept on wanting to say something sarcastic to her and kept thinking it best not to, but I just could not stand it anymore. These past few weeks, I've dealt with more than my fair share of rude and impatient people.
    Me (extra cheerful attitude and rainbows and hearts coming from every warm fiber of my body) Here you go, Maam! You have a nice day! And I am certainly glad I was able to provide you with great customer service! Thank you!
    Part of me wanted to suspend her transaction and have her go to another cashier. Then she wouldn't have to deal with my "slowness" anymore. And she would've been held up even more.
    Last edited by BowserKoopa1; 11-02-2011, 08:21 PM.

Geez, she thinks you can't talk and scan gum at the same time?
    Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
    Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
    Fiancee: What?!
    Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Time management. What a concept.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth thehuckster View Post
        Geez, she thinks you can't talk and scan gum at the same time?
        I like that

Madness takes it's toll....
        Please have exact change ready.

Comment

If she's late picking up her kids, it's because she stopped off at the store during the schooltime afternoon rush and THEN wasted time whining at you...>_>

Of course, you also have to deal with the people who will complain that you are not happy ENOUGH. Ya just can't win x.x
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Love your farewell message to the Mother of the Year
            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

If you are in such a hurry why do you stop at a store when you should be going where you claim you need to be...??
              If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Quoth pzychobitch View Post
                If you are in such a hurry why do you stop at a store when you should be going where you claim you need to be...??
                Are her kids so rowdy that she can't take them on that errand after picking them up?
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I do not understand people who improperly budget their time, decide to squeeze errands or extra stuff to pick up on their way to work/school/whatever, and decide to blame the staff for it.

The only real gem that comes to mind for me was this stupid bitch at the gas station who was a regular customer. She worked at a nearby hotel as a manager or something (yeah, real professional) and there was one day in particular that she decided to pick up candy before work (not even something remotely important like ciggs or gas) and was throwing a foot tapping, sighing, huffing fit that it was a rush time (this was also a TINY gas station, one register, one employe working at a time, this was also between 3 and 5 pm). By the time she was one person behind the current customer, she sighed and said "Can I just give you the money for this? I'm going to be late for work!"

Yeah, Lemon Drops and Certs are so important that you couldn't leave 10 minutes earlier?

On the flip side, I have a coworker who....for some reason, is able to afford fast food and Starbucks every day, and is always stopping before work to get her dinner and eats it in the car in the parking lot at work, and is NEVER late. THAT is how you do it.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

You mean, your coworker actually leaves their house early instead of waiting until the minute before their shift starts? Can they teach my brother? He lost his job and nearly lost me mine a few years ago because he couldn't be bothered to get out of bed until the minute his shift started.
                    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                      Can they teach my brother? He lost his job and nearly lost me mine a few years ago because he couldn't be bothered to get out of bed until the minute his shift started.
                      Back at BoutiqueGrocery in my teen years, I occassionally caught flak when my brother didn't show up or came in late *when I was already there on time* and he worked in a different department under an autonomous manager. I quickly just started telling them that I had no idea/he's his own person. What I really wanted to say was "ask HIS manager" ~_~
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                        By the time she was one person behind the current customer, she sighed and said "Can I just give you the money for this? I'm going to be late for work!"
                        I've had many people do this before too, and my answer to a question like that has and always will be "no". Bad customer service you say? Just be nice and let her do it this once you say? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! If people can't be a little patient, then I can't be bothered to do them favors. You've just gotta wait your turn in line, plain and simple. And anyway, if I were to do that, guess what? Yup, everyone would want me to do that.
                        I have an update on the story btw. Turns out after I gave her my little speil when she left, she never called and complained, which is good cuz I don't need a complaint on me, although I did forwarn the sup about her before I left. I guess maybe she got home and felt that she was in the wrong? Nah, not customers. Because according to these stupid morons, "the customer is always right" More like the customer is always wrong.

Comment

We can always hope that maybe she learned a valuable lesson in time budgeting.
                          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I find when you try to clarify for customers it just makes them angrier. I just apologize. One customer called me a C-word and in a very 'empathetic' voice I replied. "I'm sorry you feel that way ma'am, is there anything else I can help you with today?"

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                              Time management. What a concept.
                              Which she sorely lacks.
                              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                              X