This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The War on Christmas just got a whole lot nastier

Here's an email we got at our company from a Jesus Freak as I like to call them. We usually get a few of these around christmas time, usually with reference to the Fox News War on Christmas BS, but this letter took the cake for 2009.

P.S. Nothing against Christians, I work with some very fine ones myself, but this person clearly got some of the leftover brain matter from heaven.

"First let me say I enjoy stopping and your locations as your employees are very helpful. However, I am very confused about my last stop when I noticed figures of Santa Claus throughout your store.

Does **Acme Company** endorse racism by hanging up pictures of some white man that, according to the story, breaks into people's houses while they sleep? Does Acme Company support this lying myth of a man that does not exist?

The story of Christmas is 100% about the birth of Christ and though it is accepted that he was not born on this day, it is a day none the less for Christians to celebrate his undeniable virgin birth.

If Acme is endorsing this great lie about Santa Claus then I am offended at the highest level. How can your store hang up pictures of a man that screams out HO, HO, HO during his supposed flying through the sky at night? Who exactly is he calling a HO?

How many fights break out every year during this time as a result of this not so physically fit individual that feels the need make children more materialistic rather than remembering the real reason we celebrate this holiday for? A false deity I call him. And where is Jesus in his sleigh, is he all balled up in that sack of his?

By Acme having his picture hanging up all over it's walls, they are endorsing slave labor, sweat shops, discrimination, no pay for work or underpay, imprisonment for children and so on. This may sound stupid but if one thinks about this long enough they will see what I am saying is true. (with this last argument at least he has some solid stats to back him up)

The average parent tells their kids this great lie for about 5-7 years of their child's life. The same thing happens on yet another Christian holiday, Easter. So thats two big lies that parents tell their kids all the while telling their children not to lie and that they should always tell the truth. Is it any wonder that many children have trust issues from their parents after being lied to for so long about something that makes absolutely no sense at all? (when they grow up enough, I'm sure the vast majority forgive them without any irreparable harm)

So again I ask the same question, Does Acme support or advocate these obviously satanic undertones of what is suppose to be a joyous celebration of the birth of Our Lord Jesus Christ? (pray for us sinners, oh no)

People celebrate various things during this season for various reasons but I find it rather appalling that you would even allow an employee to work around the graven image of a person that is responsible for so much hate masked as joy.

Santa Claus is a Terrorist. The Lord Christ is the only one who can save you from the sins you commit, not some jolly fat man with notions of grandeur.

P.S. Because your stores do not have images of any of the other races, Chinese, Koran, African, Indian etc, posing as Santa, this too implies that you support Racism since not all races are represented. Only one race in your view is to be exalted and that is a disgrace."

Yeah it could be a joke, but we still had a good laugh and a round of "Can you name this disorder?" by the end of the night.
    Last edited by nuthing12; 11-03-2011, 12:59 PM.
    Part Angel Part Sadist

Sadly, it's not a joke. I grew up in that particular flavour of 'Christianity', so I know what I'm talking about.

I'd still like to point this dude towards a few history books. 'Santa Claus' is a white guy because, well, Europe is where the legend originated. But people like this don't want facts, they want the world to conform to THEIR view of how it should be, facts be damned!

And there I will stop, because this road leads only to Fratching and I'm gonna be a good girl. For a change.
    What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth nuthing12 View Post

The story of Christmas is 100% about the birth of Christ
      Actually, its all about christianity not wanting pagans having a good midwinter (Yule) festivity....

Comment

somewhere, there's a village missing their idiot
        there's some people with issues that medication, therapy or a baseball bat just can't cure

Comment

thanks to this lunatic I now have an image of Jesus tied up in the back of Santa's sleigh with a ball gag while Santa says Christmas is mine bitches. can some please draw this.
          Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
          Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Actually Christmas and Easter did not start out as Christian holidays, they have Pagan beginnings. And Jesus was more then likely born in Spring or early Summer, not in December. I celebrate these holidays but even as a Christian I do not celebrate them as Yay, Jesus's birthday give ME a present. I celebrate it as it is, time for family and presents Same with Easter. I recognize the Resurrection but Jesus did not intend for us to hunt Easter eggs, get stuffed, and eat tons of chocolate in his name. So I do all those things separately and don't attach Jesus to it. All these Christians that scream about other people messing with "their" holidays should do research and realize it has nothing to do with Jesus at all

Comment

Quoth gremcint View Post
              thanks to this lunatic I now have an image of Jesus tied up in the back of Santa's sleigh with a ball gag while Santa says Christmas is mine bitches. can some please draw this.

Bwahahahah, if someone can I would love to see it!

Comment

Sounds to me like someone's upset they got coal in their stocking instead of presents as a kid...
                Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I've known some pretty fanatical Christians, but I don't think that letter came from one.

It's a prank. It's too outrageous to be anything else.
                  They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

My bible studies are a little dusty, but Im pretty sure the only original Christian Holiday is Easter.

Comment

Quoth gremcint View Post
                      I love this.
                      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Actually, Easter was not a Christian holiday at all. After all, it's not called "Jesuster."

Anyway, I'm still enjoying the image of Jesus all balled up in Santa's "sack."

That sounds dirty.

Finally, as the Christmas Scholar that I am, originally, Santa Claus was not a white guy. He was covered in fur. Put that in Santa's pipe and smoke it. Also, that wasn't tobacco in Santa's pipe.

Comment

Actually Santa Clause is white because he is based on stories told about Saint Nicholas -- a 4th century Greek Bishop.

Comment

Quoth barainga View Post
                            My bible studies are a little dusty, but Im pretty sure the only original Christian Holiday is Easter.
                            Ah yes! The original Christian holiday. Back when Jesus went by the name of Eostre the Goddess of the growing light of spring. I remember it well.
                            You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                              It's a prank. It's too outrageous to be anything else.
                              No. No it's not. I've met a couple of these frothers, and they honestly and devoutly believe exactly what was in that letter.

It's always funny to watch these people fight for "their holidays" when most of them are just repurposed pagan celebrations so that the Christians could go, "Hey, look, we've got a party at that time, too, only our party is tied to our religion, not arbitrary stuff like the seasons and positions of the stars."

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X