This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wake-up calls don't have snooze buttons

Guest had a 4:30am wakeup call. The call wasn't picked up. Night Auditor called the guest. Guest picked up the phone and immediately hung up. Night Auditor tried to call the guest again, but the phone was off the hook.

At 7:30am, guest called down and bitched to Other MOD that her wakeup call didn't go through. Other MOD told her it did but no one picked up, and when Night Auditor called, someone picked up the phone and hung it back up, and that the phone was off the hook. Guest called Other MOD a liar, saying she never picked up the phone and that it was never off the hook.

Now, I'm a heavy sleeper. I can turn off my alarm in my sleep. I've slept through four different alarms before. I used to get in trouble as a teen because Mom would come in, tell me to do something, and I'd sit up and look at her and say "Okay" before rolling over and going back to sleep, and I wouldn't remember any of it and get yelled at later for not doing whatever it was I supposedly agreed to do. I understand 100% how a guest could sleep through one wake-up call, and then answer the phone later and have no memory of it.

That does not mean you get to call down and bitch and be rude to the clerk about missing your wake-up call!
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

No. I sleep like the dead so if I ask for a wakeup call, I also set my VERY loud alarm on my phone - which is set to go off with an air raid siren, just in case. then again, while in a hotel, I usually don't sleep all that well so its not really an issue.

Comment

Reminds me of a conversation I heard a customer having on their phone the other day at work. He said something about having sat multiple alarm clocks right by someone's head, and that "It's not our fault is she was late!"...I'm thinking the SC in the OP was much like whoever said customer was talking about. Dead to the world, as the saying goes. No need to be a bitch about it though!
      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

I can sleep through my alarm if I'm tired enough. I've been known to hit the snooze button numerous times and only vaguely remember it.

When I was in high school, I set my alarm clock on the floor in the corner near the bed so I would have to get up to turn it off. Apparently I didn't put it far enough away, because I reached over, shut it off and went back to sleep, and really didn't remember it until later that day.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

At the hotel where I work we have a printed call report, and the wake-up calls are tracked on it. When they are set, when they go off, and whether or not they were answered, all in clear print. I love it when the customer tries to tell us they were never called, and I show them otherwise. Gives me such a warm, fuzzy feeling

Comment

o boy i feel bad for your night-call people. i know what it's like.

I hated having to do wake-up calls in the Navy. Most of the time the people wouldn't wake up... and then when they were late they'd try to blame everyone else.

I've been tempted to just yank them out of bed physically but... i know they'd whine and bitch and I'd get in trouble.

on the flip side... I have at time slept through my alarms but never through a wake-up call. if my shit went down and someone had to wake me up... they were lucky. I might groan a bit, might even jerk awake but I'd get up.

Comment

The solution for those people who sleep through their alarms/wake up calls and/or turn them off and forget they did so is to get one of THESE . They're what I use since I'm deaf, and I guarantee, they'll wake up even the deepest sleeper!
              The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

I usually don't have too much trouble with my alarm, but I remember once in high school I did. My alarm was loud enough that it woke my entire family. When it kept going off, they all trooped into my room and woke me with the laser eyes, lol.
                Mom actually thought I was sick. If I had been quicker on the uptake, I could have gotten out of school.

Comment

I'm reminded of this.
                  Hotel: Wake Up Call

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                    I can sleep through my alarm if I'm tired enough. I've been known to hit the snooze button numerous times and only vaguely remember it.

When I was in high school, I set my alarm clock on the floor in the corner near the bed so I would have to get up to turn it off. Apparently I didn't put it far enough away, because I reached over, shut it off and went back to sleep, and really didn't remember it until later that day.
                    I remember my school roommate's alarm going off one morning. She got up turned off the alarm, showered and then got back in bed and went back to sleep. She asked me later in they day why I didn't wake her up when her alarm didn't go off.

Comment

Quoth Mriswith View Post
                      At the hotel where I work we have a printed call report, and the wake-up calls are tracked on it. When they are set, when they go off, and whether or not they were answered, all in clear print.
                      Ah yes, I remember having to back-up the night auditor when she explained this to insanely upset guests; it was incredible how many turned violent.

Me, I know I'm a heavy sleeper. I set alarms on opposite sides of the room so I have to get up and walk to turn them off.
                      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I don't know how your system works, but we have an old school dot matrix printer that keeps tracks of wakeup calls being put in, and if they went through. For example if your SC was staying at my hotel, it would have printed a line that said Room 666 HH:MM Answered. It's covered our ass so many times.
                        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

My ex was one of those crazy sleepers. He could get out of bed, turn off an alarm, and have a short conversation with me, all in his sleep. There was a point where I seriously considered buying one of those old-fashioned alarm clocks with the bells and clapper, sticking it in a metal container, and then hiding it.

Instead I just threw his ass out.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                            o boy i feel bad for your night-call people. i know what it's like.

I hated having to do wake-up calls in the Navy. Most of the time the people wouldn't wake up... and then when they were late they'd try to blame everyone else.

I've been tempted to just yank them out of bed physically but... i know they'd whine and bitch and I'd get in trouble.

on the flip side... I have at time slept through my alarms but never through a wake-up call. if my shit went down and someone had to wake me up... they were lucky. I might groan a bit, might even jerk awake but I'd get up.
                            My droid phone is our alarm clock. This is the alarm. Rob is up and out of bed, feet on the floor before I can turn it off every time. Got to love 20 years of respondent conditioning
                            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

It seems for this person anything short of "DEFCON 1 alarm" is not sufficient.
                              I AM the evil bastard!
                              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
                              X