This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick dose of WTF

B/G: I work at a well-known pizza chain, in New Zealand.

I'm training a new girl (J) and this is one of the first customers she has the pleasure of dealing with.

A man comes in with his son to pick up his pizzas. His son is around 10 years old. It's all paid for so all J has to do is hand it to him. Seemingly easy job, no?

It's also worth noting that we're wearing new promotional t-shirts advertising the fact that you can order pizza online.

SC: "I'd like a free t-shirt please!" *grins* (At this point we think he's joking and laugh it off with him)

Me: Sorry sir, we don't give out free t-shirts.

SC: "I WANT A FREE T-SHIRT FOR MY SON"

Me: "We don't hand out free t-shirts I'm afraid"

SC: "My son wants a free t-shirt! Get me a manager!"

(It's worth noting that we don't really have 'managers' we're just a bunch of students working in a pizza place, so manager duty falls to whoever can be arsed. In this case, S steps up)

S: "Sir we've never given out free t-shirts? We can't give you one."

SC: "Just go back there and get me a t-shirt!"

S: "No." (We don't have any!)

SC:"I'M NEVER COMING BACK HERE!" *storms out*

It is not commonplace, at ALL, in NZ to ever give out free t-shirts. I don't know why, it just doesn't happen. I have no clue as to why he felt entitled to one.

'Sir, we can indeed give you a free T-Shirt, but we have to triple the cost of your pizza to do so'

Comment

Quoth Delislave View Post
      SC:"I'M NEVER COMING BACK HERE!" *storms out*
      Can we get that in writing?
      I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

O.o am I the only one who's thinking that he's trying to be a cheap-ass and avoid having to buy too much clothing for himself or his son?
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I'm afraid I don't have any T-shirts at the moment, but I'll be happy to mail you a T-shirt. Yes, it's absolutely free! I'll just need to collect $32.56 for shipping and handling.....
          Women can do anything men can.
          But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
          Maxine

Comment

I would have instructed him to point out where it says that anyone can come in and get a free T Shirt.

Comment

"Sorry, sir, this week's promotional item is a pack of condoms."

*Looks at son*

"Ooops, too late."
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I've had a pizza place give me a cool promotional cup for a local baseball team they sponsored, but never a t-shirt. Why would you think a pizza place would give you a t-shirt?

The only food place that ever gave me a t-shirt was a local restaurant, and I had to drink 31 margaritas to get that t-shirt. Food places are there to serve food, not apparel.
                Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt
                  The only food place that ever gave me a t-shirt was a local restaurant, and I had to drink 31 margaritas to get that t-shirt.
                  What was the time frame for that? *nosy*
                  Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                  Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

*Hands over application*
                    "Employees get a free T-shirt after their first week of work"
                    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
                      What was the time frame for that? *nosy*
                      A few months. We went there once a week, 2-3 margaritas per visit. (I get pretty tipsy after just two...I get very tipsy after three or more)

I could have gotten another free t-shirt from them by joining their 5k team for an upcoming race, but my fat a** can only run about 2k before my legs quit, so yeah. Not ready for that (yet).
                      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                        A few months. We went there once a week, 2-3 margaritas per visit. (I get pretty tipsy after just two...I get very tipsy after three or more)

I could have gotten another free t-shirt from them by joining their 5k team for an upcoming race, but my fat a** can only run about 2k before my legs quit, so yeah. Not ready for that (yet).

I'm not fat, but I can't even run 2k, so good for you!

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt

Cool. I saw you drank 31 margaritas and (cause I was tired) my brain goes 'wtf?' Lol.

for being able to run 2k. I'm so outta shape.
                          Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                          Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth Delislave View Post
                            It is not commonplace, at ALL, in NZ to ever give out free t-shirts. I don't know why, it just doesn't happen. I have no clue as to why he felt entitled to one.
                            It's not common place here in the US, either. Usually you have to do something to get something like that "free."
                            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Here's a good idea.

"Yes, sir. I'll try to get your free T-shirt, but then I'll be able to come to your workplace tomorrow and demand free office supplies at your company's expense!"

Comment

Working...
                              X