This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's beginning to look a lot like Suck-mas

Ugh, that time of year again and with it brings the special breed of SCs.

So on Halloween, the store manager decided to put up the Christmas decorations. Really? Anyway, one of the decorations is to put holiday wrapping over the register signs. I suppose it looks pretty, however there is one flaw; the wrapping covers up the signs for the express registers. So it gives SC's the excuse to bring up a full cart and because there is no "visible sign" we have to take them, we can't refuse service to anyone. The express registers only have a small counter and no belt, and were designed for a handful of items. Normally we would get one asshole a day with the "oops, I think I have more than 15 he he." Now with the signs covered it's like every jerkweed on the planet comes to express and just don't care about how many items they have. Yup, so I have to bite my tongue and deal with a cartload with my tiny register. Then I have to deal with the line of deservedly pissed off people who had to wait 20 minutes to get their loaf of bread. I have to tell these customers that we cannot refuse service and apologize for them having to wait. Even though several of us mentioned that the signs were covered, they have no plans to change it.

It's going to be a loooong holiday season.

Most people understand what the express register is for. A lot of people just don't give a shit. I had to deal with morons like that at Wally World.

Comment

The Express aisles in my local supermarket are closer together & thus narrower than the other aisles as they've been squeezed together to make room for the CustServ desk. This means that anyone using a trolley (cart) for whatever reason is automatically blocking both lines & causing more chaos than ever before... This doesn't stop them loudly "justifying" their actions when challenged, such as having a (typically overflowing) basket inside the cart, or only a few (immense) items in the cart. Look, it doesn't matter how few items you actually have, or how crippled you (imagine you) are (and I have days where I can't lift a 2l bottle of cola!), the Express lane is for baskets only because that's all there's room for! If I can't carry my stuff without a cart, I take it through a cart-sized lane; you should too.
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth ellie View Post
        Anyway, one of the decorations is to put holiday wrapping over the register signs. I suppose it looks pretty, however there is one flaw; the wrapping covers up the signs for the express registers.
        That was an incredibly stupid idea on Management's part!
        Quoth ellie View Post
        Even though several of us mentioned that the signs were covered, they have no plans to change it.
        Oh, of course, naturally they compound their stupidity by refusing to fix what they've broken. And since the SCs are too lazy to complain to corporate, they take out their venom on the front line people, who are not responsible and have no power to fix the problem.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Have yourself a merry little suck-mas
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I would suggest to the legit customers that get angry from having to wait for the system abusing assholes is that they themselves could complain to corporate about it. There's a higher chance that corporate would take it more seriously if a customer was complaining about the abusers than an employee. Maybe they would give you more leeway to refuse the overloaded cart assholes.
            My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
            My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

Comment

Quoth TheTigress View Post
              I would suggest to the legit customers that get angry from having to wait for the system abusing assholes is that they themselves could complain to corporate about it. There's a higher chance that corporate would take it more seriously if a customer was complaining about the abusers than an employee. Maybe they would give you more leeway to refuse the overloaded cart assholes.
              That's it exactly. Corporate/management automatically responds to customers than they do to their workers.

Comment

Maybe you could be super-proactive and make an even BIGGER sign stating that there will be no express registers until after 1/1/2012 due to the choice of the management, hang it in multiple locations.

Comment

I totally agree with that! Corporate never listens to the employees at all. My store was having a huge shortage of handicapped electric carts recently, and I kept telling those who wanted one but would have to wait their turn until one was available, "I can do nothing about it at all. I told the managers to fix them, but they never listen to a cart-pusher like me." Eventually, some customer took my saying to heart and called Corporate. Two days later, all of the broken electric carts were fixed. Touche!!!

Comment

Quoth downforit2008 View Post
                    I totally agree with that! Corporate never listens to the employees at all. My store was having a huge shortage of handicapped electric carts recently, and I kept telling those who wanted one but would have to wait their turn until one was available, "I can do nothing about it at all. I told the managers to fix them, but they never listen to a cart-pusher like me." Eventually, some customer took my saying to heart and called Corporate. Two days later, all of the broken electric carts were fixed. Touche!!!
                    We have the same problem too. Unfortunately, someone decided that our store is in "no spend" mode until the first of the year. So another thing people will bitch about this holiday season.

Comment

Working...
                    X