This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter Of Apology

GREETINGS my fellow customer service slave jockeys. I have not been here in years, but I thought I would rejoin(again) in order to present my latest golden gem of literary humour. I hope you enjoy but first, let's set the scene~

This Weekend I spoke to a customer who was given some misinformation on how to change their name on their account after getting married. I understand that going into a store and being told you were given the wrong information, especially if you had to take two buses, and yes I can understand being upset..but when you are given the correct information, REFUSE to walk the thirty feet back to the store to fax in the documentation you have..in your hand... and then demand a letter of apology from not just the company(which we can give) but also the executive office and more.. it can get a little excessive.
    However, in order to humour and placate the customer, I readily agree to provide and fulfill what request I can..but no..I can't just perform the request against policy because you're angry, you would have had to go to where you are anyway to have the form sent in. Flying off the handle and asking for a letter of apology(seriously, who does that now a days, everyone knows its a joke), I can understand that, but when you speak condescendingly to me, ask me a question and then interrupt me when I try to answer said question by saying "YOU don't interrupt a customer..you know better than THAT!" Yeah, here's your letter of apology.
    Since we didn't have a letter of apology that fit his situation (a rep making an HONEST mistake) I have taken the liberty to custom tailor a letter of apology for the customer. Aren't I nice?
    Please note, this is all in fun and intended for you to get a chuckle. No I did not send this to the customer(though I will probably show it to my team leader because honestly, she needs a laugh).

To our dear valued customer,
    We would first like to express our deep concern and regret upon hearing of the elongated foreign object that has been permanently and uncomfortably lodged into your backside. It is with the utmost humility on our part that we would also like to apologize for employing human beings capable of making mistakes with regards to misinforming customers, as our current technological advances of society prohibit us from utilizing emotionless robots capable of a 0% margin of error at this time.

We understand that the difficulty which was required to gather yourself off your livingroom couch on a Saturday and travel to your local mall in order to prove to us that you have been sly enough to convince another social reject of the opposite sex to take your last name is a grevious and and intensive process and thank you for your efforts.
    Please be advised that the representative responsible for providing you with incorrect information in regards to our 'Name Change' policy has been severely flogged for their grievious miscommunication.
    Furthermore we would like to add that the representatives in our center are also being instructed to follow your flawless example towards all things in life, as we are certain you have never made any such careless or innocent mistakes in your entire existance.

Wishing you, your new wife, and future socially defunct offspring a very prospitable and happy future.
    Sincerely,
    Someone Who Gives A Fuck.

You owe my coffee a letter of apology, dude. That was good coffee, and my monitor does not appreciate it.

Don't you just wish you COULD send that letter? It'd be awesome. And welcome back!
    What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

If I was a manager or owner or even on my last day, I'd have been sooooo tempted to get a piece of paper and write a large A on it and hand it to her. There is her letter of apology. And then walk away.

Comment

Quoth CaptainThrifty View Post
        ...write a large A ...
        In scarlet crayon.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I'd love to send these people a form letter with none of the forms filled out..

"Dear [nameprefix][customername],

We here at [division name] wish to convey our profound and deeply personal apologies for [situation] that happened at our store at [location]. We are happy to offer recompense by way of [coupon] for [item] at [store], which we hope you will enjoy.

Thank you very much for your continued patronage,

Your close personal friend, [myname]

[mysignature]"

============================

Bonus points if the coupon cannot be used at that specific location ^_^
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

"Send this S.O.B. the bedbug letter."

Comment

BEAUTIFUL!
              (sounds like she wouldn't understand a word of it anyway :P)
              Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
              What's the difference?
              We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

That was brilliant... Well played.
                There had to be DUMB in the water today. - Summerfly413

Comment

Working...
                X