X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you order food, don't walk away

and other stories from the cafe.

Title story The way we do it, if your order will take a couple of minutes, is to ring it up, tell you it will be a bit, and tell you we'll call you. I did this on a chicken tender order. When I called it out, the customer was nowhere to be found, probably somewhere in the store. We had lines 8 people deep, so we put the order in the warmer. Twenty to 30 minutes later they come looking for it.

SC in training One of my squishie flavors ran out of syrup. I changed it out, and then had a girl and her 6- or 7-yr-old brother. I rang up their slushies and told her the flavor had just been changed and was still liquidy. I did this because once I hook up a new syrup, the out light goes off and it's a five-minute wait until it freezes. It's easier the tell people rather than putting an out of order sign on it. But the little bro, not understanding, pipes up about the light. Fair enough, so I explain that still, it's not frozen. "Well, you should out the light on." At this point I'm annoyed at being argued with, since I explained it twice. So I said, "I'm not in control of that light, but it is not frozen. You can try it, but it will be liquid." And then I just ignored him. I blame the parents, wherever they are.

Third sucky kid was a kid who interrupted my transaction to ask for a water cup. Wait your turn!
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

I just love calling out orders, particularly when the customer is right in front of my face and I know it's their order. How hard is it to pull out your receipt and see what your ticket number is? Then by the time they realize it's their food, they complain about it being cold.

Comment

I'll admit, I'll do the 'walk away' part...I do *warn* the people what I'm doing, and fully expect my order to be bumped down on priority because of it...and being in the warmer is perfectly fine

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post

Third sucky kid was a kid who interrupted my transaction to ask for a water cup. Wait your turn!
        Was he on fire?
        Women can do anything men can.
        But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
        Maxine

Comment

Working...
        X