This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anger, ANGER.

Edit: Very un-ladylike and offensive if you're offended by offensive language.
    I am fuming.

B/G: I work at a pizza place.

I'm taking out an order thats all paid for so easy peasy lemon squeezy.

No, of course it's not because some right ol' ARSEHOLE has decided to make things difficult.

Me: "Pick-up for Peter?"

There's only two people in the shop, both male and I haven't taken any orders all night so I have no idea which one, if any, is Peter. I have a hunch its the old guy in the glasses but he's just looking at his phone and smirking, so I go to put it in the hotbox.

When I turn around to check, he's standing at the counter.

"Peter?"

He nods.

So I bring it over to him and all is well. As I'm reading back the order on the receipt I glance quickly upwards to make sure he's paying attention and see him smirking like a fucking smurf.

He puts his finger to his lips to 'shush' me and I'm stunned into silence by this rude motherfucker.

"I can't hear you when your looking down" He says like I'm a naughty schoolgirl. I'm no stupid schoolgirl, I can tell your trying to teach this young 'un some 'manners' so she can go far in customer service because i'm obviously a high-school dropout with no future prospects. Well fuck you buddy, I'm at law school and you probably still live at your mothers so get off your high horse, crawl into a ditch and DIE.

I. am. reading. your. fucking. order. from. the. fucking. reciept. I. don't. have. to. It's common courtesy you entitled smirking jackass. Do you expect me to have memorised your order your highness? Excuse me, but last time I checked you were a fatass 40 year old man with a pathetic attempt of a beard, wearing a superman t-shirt stretched over your massive stomach.

There is a special place in hell reserved for people like you
    Last edited by Delislave; 11-07-2011, 12:51 AM.

definetly hate those rude ones who try to teach you manners. Practice what you preach! Most of them are old farts from the wars who think they are above anyone. Usually I give them a withering stare and they turn around and flee and crawl back under their rocks. >:-D
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

And now I'm off to kill some people. In GTA IV.....

Comment

Devils advocate here. But there is a possibility that he was deaf or partially deaf and needed to read your lips to understand what you were saying. I could be wrong just a thought.

Sockpuppet

Comment

A polite person who needs to read lips will say just that.

Of course, lots of people (hearing impaired or otherwise) aren't polite.
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Yeah, it's possible the guy needed to read lips, but he strikes me a jerk personally.

I get quite a few deaf and partially deaf people here and I've never had someone do that to me. I do get a hand raised or a head shake indicating I need to stop talking (lol), but that is always followed by the person pointing to their ears and shaking their head again. So then I either say a few short words or I grab some paper.

There's no reason to smirk and act like a creep o_O

Comment

I just had this issue today at work! but in my case the lady was hard of hearing.

She had come up to me with a blaze of questions that were somewhat vague (ex: I need a box..) so I asked her to clarify and walked around the store to show her different products that fit under her descriptions. Since I had no clue that she was a lip reading partially deaf lady I talked while I was walking (as with most customers). She all of a sudden stops and yells at me for not looking at her and talking too fast and that she's hard of hearing and can't follow what I'm saying.

I get not wanting to announce a disability but why yell at someone if they don't know to accommodate you? The dude in the OP was just an ass. Anyone that decides to "teach" someone a "lesson" is just an ass.
              Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

^ The last sentence, totally.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Ohh, the manners police.

Usually, the most ill mannered of them all, so ironically.

I remember the beer bellied, stained shirted, smelled like shart regular customers who'd say "Smahhle!" or "Hows abouts you tell me have a good day?"

I almost wanted to say "You betchas, ya'll go down and drown in the crick, ya'll" and they probably wouldn't have even gotten the point.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                    "Hows abouts you tell me have a good day?"
                    Well I could, but I wouldn't mean it...
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I am deaf. I wear hearing aids, but you really can't see them because my hair covers them. I don't expect people to know that I can't hear. As a matter of fact, if I am in a place where I think I will have an issue, I tell people right off that I can't hear them and to please look at me so I can see what they are saying. This guy sounds like he just likes to make people follow his rules. Moron.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                        "Hows abouts you tell me have a good day?"
                        "I'm sorry sir, but my mother taught me to never tell a lie. "
                        "There is a sadist inside me. She likes cake." - Krys Wolf, my friend

In a coffee shop in Whitehouse, Texas: "Unsupervised children will be given two shots of espresso and a free puppy."

Comment

Quoth Delislave View Post
                          "I can't hear you when your looking down" He says
                          ...It just occurred to me that he gave you completely uncalled-for shit about "looking down" when you were only doing so to facilitate the reading of his receipt!
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                          X