X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To The Customer's Husband Screaming In The Background

Dear Customer's Husband Screaming In The Background,

I get that you're not happy that you don't have satellite signal for your tvs but if you're having your wife call in for technical support, kindly and please do shut the fuck up. I don't give a flying fuck what you think but if you think you know better then YOU should've done the troubleshooting. Shut up and stop shouting to her in the background to circumvent the troubleshooting steps that I'm instructing to her. I'M talking to her NOT YOU! I still have to go through all the steps before I can do anything like send out a tech or replacement receiver even if you did those same steps till you were blue in the face! So again I ask you to either put up or shut up.

Sincerely,

Me
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

The best incident I had of that, the wife stops talking and I clearly hear her say to the husband "Do you want to talk to him? No? then SHUT THE HELL UP! this man is helping me and you're being a noisey ass!"
    It was a beautiful moment. I may have cried.
    Last edited by Redbeard; 11-07-2011, 09:28 PM.

Comment

You lucked out there, Red. The last background I got was a helicopter mom egging on the SC caller.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

tropicsgoddess, did the problem end up being user (husband) error?

Comment

I understand your frustration. How's the weather in Biloxi?
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Redbeard View Post
            The best incident I had of that, the wife stops talking and I clearly hear her say to the husband "Do you want to talk to him? No? then SHUT THE HELL UP! this man is helping me and you're being a noisey ass!"
            It was a beautiful moment. I may have cried.
            Three cheers for the wife! When my mom still used her computer, she'd get me to make the calls for her, but she'd very quickly get bored and leave the room. (Ya know, I never did thank her for that ...)

Comment

I can't stand people like that. I oh so want to say, hey, tell the person in the peanut gallery to shut up.
              Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

While I agree the SC husband in this case was way beyond :-/ , I have a question:

For those of us who have more than two brain cells and do actually learn from our calls to technical support .....

After I've called the first time, followed your troubleshooting steps, gotten my problem resolved, and GASP remember what you told me. Is it better the next time to try those steps first and then call? Or will that just delay a resolution to my problem, as you are required to go through them all again anyway? I don't want to be an SC, but I don't want to waste your time and mine (since after all, if the troubleshooting works for me this time I wouldn't call you for help ;-)

Comment

It's a good dea to try the (non destructive) things that you can remember, because they might just fix it without having to call. Then you can start the call by explaining what you've already tried.

With some companies this won't actually shorten the call, because the agent is on a strict script, but with any company which entertains common sense in their call centre, it should help.

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
                    After I've called the first time, followed your troubleshooting steps, gotten my problem resolved, and GASP remember what you told me. Is it better the next time to try those steps first and then call? Or will that just delay a resolution to my problem, as you are required to go through them all again anyway? I don't want to be an SC, but I don't want to waste your time and mine (since after all, if the troubleshooting works for me this time I wouldn't call you for help ;-)
                    This is exactly what I do when I call tech support for my internet providor. It's very frustrating to start at the beginning even when I've told the agent exactly what steps I've taken.
                    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I have the same thing Teeflies, I am by no mean a computer genius but i can do basic trouble-shooting and remeber what i was told a few months previously.

The worst for this is Virgin media as their staff tell you literally, "on the bottom on the screen, on the left corner there should be a button called start, press that, it will bring up a list, now i want you to go up the list to where it says control panel, click on the control panel....." this goes on for the entire process, when if they simply said what they want me to check it will take 30 seconds. Even when you ask them just to tell you what they want they refuse.

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
                        tropicsgoddess, did the problem end up being user (husband) error?
                        unfortunately no, I had to send out a technician.
                        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post

The main problem is that most clients do that...but not entirely, because that didnt work the first time either.

Who to believe? I preffer not to tell the client they lie, but most of the time....

Comment

Working...
                          X