Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I broke the quesadilla machine. (and instructions on how to order... slightly long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I broke the quesadilla machine. (and instructions on how to order... slightly long)

It was an accident, I swear!

We have a dough press at work that we shove the Quesadillas in, so I lifted the lid to toss one in and...

Kt-ang.

The spring that stopped it from putting all it's weight on the food snapped. so not only did it not longer stay up, it crushed the Phaux-Mexican goodness inside.

That was several months ago. apparently we DID get it fixed. And it immediately broke again. Everyone's aware it's not my fault, but I still feel bad. Seeing it's been out of commission for MONTHS. the main outcome of this is we have to turn up the hot plate to cook them through, which overcooks the burritos, making them crunchy and even more of a bitch to wrap.

On a side note, you snarky-punks who say 'it's right back there! I can see it!' I reply: Yes. It's back there. Broken.

HOW TO ORDER AT MY STATION

First, there several options to choose from, Taco salad, nachos, ect, but the most common are burrito and quesadilla. There is no 'wrap' option. Stop asking for it.

If you want either one of those, therein comes the second option: Wheat or White. there is no 'regular.'

If you want a Burrito, tell me what type of tortilla, then what cheese. The rest is further down. No. Stop talking. Will not remember. Shut it.

When you do get further down, we have two sauces, Hot and Mild. Medium does not compute, you will get the blue screen of glare instead of food.

There are three beans, black, Pinto, and Re-fried. SPECIFY. If you want all three, say 'All beans" or something instead of 'beans'. It may save on syllables at first, but It wastes time when I have to stare impatiently at you.

'That' with a pointing finger also does not work. Use your words people. 'Salsa'. 'Sour cream.'

If you want a quesadilla, that's fine. Do not call it a "cheese" quesadilla unless you ONLY want cheese. You can't make a quesadilla without the cheese! if you don't want the dairy, get a freaking burrito. And for this option, yes, you have to tell me what you want on it, seeing as we melt it together.

It's Monterrey Jack, not mozzarella. Does 'Mozzarella' REALLY sound Spanish to you? Don't answer that.

If you order 'two scoops' of Sour Cream, I don't actually give you two scoops. I work in the dish-room too, I know how much of that crap goes in the garbage. you get two half scoops, seeing as most people can't tell the difference.

for those who are wondering why I'm so nasty about this, we do not get one or two people at a time at this station, we get herds of twenty, minimum. So there is dozens of people behind the customer, while I've been working non-stop for an hour. My little patience frays mighty quick.

UPDATE
    Our Nachos are made with three different colored chips, they are mixed together. Do not ask for only one type.
    Last edited by noone; 11-08-2011, 01:22 AM. Reason: Update
    "Did you at least ascertain the nature of his curse so that I may know the monstrosity that I face? ... A GIRL? He was... Turned into a girl? WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THAT?" -EGS http://egscomics.com

Ah Mexican food, even faux Mexican food is so yummy. And I'm really simple: chicken and cheese and maybe rice.
    Sorry you have so many asshats and dumbasses.
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth noone View Post

If you order 'two scoops' of Sour Cream, I don't actually give you two scoops. I work in the dish-room too, I know how much of that crap goes in the garbage. you get two half scoops, seeing as most people can't tell the difference.
      Wouldn't that be... wait for it... just one whole scoop then?

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
        Wouldn't that be... wait for it... just one whole scoop then?
        Ah, but it is split into two portions, thus apparently satisfying the people who ask for it -- otherwise, I suspect, there would have been a followup comment added just for that ^_^
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Well... I was going to say "Monterey Jack" doesn't sound Spanish either... wiki corrected me... I had no idea it really was Mexican in origin...

Quoth wikipedia
          In its earliest form, Monterey Jack was made by the Mexican Franciscan friars of Monterey, California, during the 19th century.
          cool beans. (no pun intended)

Comment

you get two half scoops, seeing as most people can't tell the difference
            I CAN

And I eat ALL of it, too.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Mmm your food sounds yummy! We don't have many Mexican places in NZ unfortunately I'd gladly swap with your ungrateful little sh*ts of suctomers, I promise I'll be a good customer instead anything for my fix lol
              Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
              What's the difference?
              We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Quoth rose_metal_nz View Post
                Mmm your food sounds yummy! We don't have many Mexican places in NZ unfortunately I'd gladly swap with your ungrateful little sh*ts of suctomers, I promise I'll be a good customer instead anything for my fix lol
                I can give you a few recipes. If I ever get a video camera, I plan to make a you tube video on how to wrap a burrito. It's harder than you'd think.
                "Did you at least ascertain the nature of his curse so that I may know the monstrosity that I face? ... A GIRL? He was... Turned into a girl? WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THAT?" -EGS http://egscomics.com

Comment

I dont know which joint you work at, but there is something the really gets under my skin when I am there ordering my own yum-yums..

DO NOT REACH OVER THE DAMN GLASS TO POINT AT WHAT YOU WANT YOU UNWASHED TURD HANDLERS! I dont want whatever funk is living under your mostly chewed off fingernails to possibly fall into whatever it is Im ordering.

Ill get off the box now.

Comment

Quoth noone View Post
                    I can give you a few recipes. If I ever get a video camera, I plan to make a you tube video on how to wrap a burrito. It's harder than you'd think.
                    Making Mexican food is easy. Making it well, however, is difficult. There are many Mexican places in this town, but most of them tend to the bland side and very few are even close to authentic. (One of the few things I miss about Phoenix is the superb Mexican food!)
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I like chicken and tomato on my quesadilla, and half a scoop of sour cream is plenty for me. Just enough to taste it...

Now I want quesadillas, and the only decent place to get one is actually my college's cafeteria. *grumble* If I left now, I'd get there right during the dinner rush.
                      It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Quoth LadyAndreca View Post
                        I like chicken and tomato on my quesadilla, and half a scoop of sour cream is plenty for me. Just enough to taste it...

Now I want quesadillas, and the only decent place to get one is actually my college's cafeteria. *grumble* If I left now, I'd get there right during the dinner rush.
                        That is exactly where I work. Different state, probably, but still.

Comment

Working...
                        X