Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want an AK-47 for Christmas (not really kidding anymore)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want an AK-47 for Christmas (not really kidding anymore)

this one would not be so bad but this like the 4th time in a week to happen

I get a delivery and its off to the races (NOT)

I arrive at the house. I proceed up to the door. typical house in this neck of the woods, crappy front pourch, NO porch light, NO doorbell, trash all over the porch.

I knock on the door (now the first time I knock I will not "cop knock")
    no answer. I knock again harder this time. no answer

go back to my car. call the number on my cell. ring ring ring voice mail. I leave my standard messasge. then wait for a few minutes. nothing

I call the store and head back. and........
    as soon as I get back theyt finally call. well off to the address again.
    the person is waiting for me THIS TIME.

now they try and flip a $50 bill on me for an $18 order. I politely inform the "customer" that I can not complete the transaction. she gets as little snippy with me then whips out her cell phone, then closes the door in my face. I leave and head back from the store.

when I get back I find out the "customer" has literally cursed out the CSR.
    I check my driver log and found that I had literally wasted 32 minutes on this "delivery" and possibly lost at least 2 other deliveries.

whast is it with people these days????
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

This happens to me more often than I would like. I deliver too, and what really annoys me is that people phone up from the pub and order their food. I turn up with steaming hot chinese and they aren't home. Knock knock, ring ring, call them on my mobile, (wasting my phone credit) and if I'm lucky, they stagger down the road a few minutes later.

They then seem surprised that I have been waiting and don't tip. In the meantime, I get back to the shop and find out that I have missed out on a party order or two to regulars who *do* tip. My CW comes back with a ten pound note and a five pound note as tips.

I hate them all.

Bonus whinge: when we are really busy, customers moan about the long wait times. They fail to spot the irony that they are still not ready for me and spend at least another five minutes looking for loose change or their chequebook. I do twenty to thirty deliveries a night, if each of you took five minutes to sort your shit out, it would cost me 2 1/2 hours per night!
    There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.

Comment

AK-47 non-military version is legal here in Texas. Falls under the same rules for long rifles.
      "There is a sadist inside me. She likes cake." - Krys Wolf, my friend

In a coffee shop in Whitehouse, Texas: "Unsupervised children will be given two shots of espresso and a free puppy."

Comment

Ah I remember the good ol days when I used to deliver pizza. I had people who wouldn't be at their house cuz they decided to run to the store for a few quick things, while I'm standing outside their front door wondering why nobody is there to collect. Waste of time especially if I take a double and they are the first one I deliver to so the next customer is kept waiting.
        Have you had this happen to you? I delivered a pizza to this one place and it was dark. As I drive up, 2 medium to big size dogs circle my car and start barking at me. You think I'm getting out of the car? Fuck no! Dogs are unpredictable animals, especially if you don't know them or they don't know you. So I call the guy and ask him nicely to please take the dogs away. Of course he gets irritated and acts like he doesn't give a fuck, stupid asshole. Well sorry, I am not gonna get bit just cuz you don't have enough goddam common sense to keep your dogs locked up!

Comment

I'm telling you, R_M, the side of town you work on gets worse by the year. Soon it'll be like my former side of town, and everyone knows that's not a fun place to be, either.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
            whast is it with people these days????
            Had to fix that last line because the stupid has been with us since the beginning of time (the suckiness too). I was delivering food 20 years ago and the morons were no better then. If I ever have free time, maybe I should try to remember some of the better stories and post them here...
            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

You'll shoot your eye out.
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Come to Florida. They're legal here. As long as they're semi auto.
                If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                  no no no... only if you're using a Red Ryder! *snicker*

and yeah i like how it's suddenly all "your fault" that the bitch wouldn't answer the door the first time and then didn't have anything close to the right amount of money. i mean wtf its not like she got it from an ATM. not to mention what if it's a fake...
                  Last edited by PepperElf; 11-08-2011, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Get an SKS it's cheaper. If money not an issue get an AK-74. More modern.
                    GFY

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                      Except, with an AK, it'll be a lot more than just the eye.

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                        I'm telling you, R_M, the side of town you work on gets worse by the year. Soon it'll be like my former side of town, and everyone knows that's not a fun place to be, either.
                        I will agree 100%.

the whole north/south line from the river to about 10 blocks west have always been bad and "getto". all of those old beautiful houses that were chuncked up into muti-unit apts is a crying shame.

heck some of the areas just north of the stadium are getting a little "getto" all of the focus seems to be way over on the east side and south where all of the new developement is going up (former farm land). even the suburb from the stadium on south has its getto areas.

Comment

Quoth MiloMorai View Post
                          Get an SKS it's cheaper.
                          Just make sure it's got a proper, spring-loaded firing pin, not a free-floating firing pin. #Mythbusters
                          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                            I will agree 100%.
                            I wonder how soon Green Bay will turn into Milwaukee...
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                              I wonder how soon Green Bay will turn into Milwaukee...
                              You mean it hasn't already????

Heck Appleton is already a bedroom community for Milwuakee as it is according to my sister who has lived there for almost 30 years

Comment

Working...
                              X