X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Argabarga View Post
    THE BARRISTERS MANIFESTO

Sometime a few nights ago, someone dropped what can only be described as an 8 page treatise, complete with title page and bindings, into our mailbox. Seems that the author was a law student who got his BMW towed by us this month and had written us the brief in the hopes we would see the folly of our actions and reimburse him the cost of the tow. See, he’s a very important law student, and he had a VERY important meeting with a lawyer, so important, that when he found all the spaces in the parking lot at the lawyer’s office full, and all the spaces on the street full, well, he had absolutely NO alternative but to park in that short driveway-looking thingy at the apartment next door. How was he supposed to know that short bit of pavement was intended for the garbage truck to access the apartment complex’s dumpster? How was he supposed to know the truck would come by at that hour and be blocked from getting to the dumpster? And why was it possible for the garbagemen to have his car removed? Couldn’t they just drive around the block a few times? He was only going to be there for a couple hours anyway, and that meeting was IMPORTANT! And isn’t it illegal to tow cars without the owner’s permission anyway? Isn’t that like theft? I mean, he’s a law student, and surely he’d know about it, or something, right? It was VERY unprofessional of us not to respect his need to effortlessly meet with other lawyers ya know! Needless to say, we got a good laugh out of it. Last I saw it, the manager was marking it up with a red pen, probably highlighting all the errors, factual, grammatical, and otherwise. Purely for his own amusement, since he already told me he doesn’t intend to call the guy back. I suggested we DO call him back and tell him “Hey, we folded that letter you gave us into a paper airplane and threw it, got a lot farther that way than it did before!” Manager laughed a bit at it, but decided the best place for it was the ol’ circular file….
    If they lawyer he came to see was listed...Dropping off the 'corrected' version with them might have amusing effects

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
      That must have been in Columbus.
      They never tipped news vans in Columbus if I remember correctly. They only burned trash and couches and flipped the occasional (illegally) parked car. there's a reason there is no on street parking and they empty all the trash around campus on big game days...

Comment

I went to Rutgers University. Penn State was our biggest football rival (and why our team was ever put in the category to play with teams of PS's caliber, I have no clue, because our team was pretty bad). But I remember Joe Paterno's name from the beginning of my college days 25 years ago, and I think he was around a while before that too...so yeah, he has a LOT of fans who are very unhappy campers (tailgaters?) now.
        "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
          ...so yeah, he has a LOT of fans who are very unhappy campers (tailgaters?) now.
          Considering what started the whole mess, the term "tailgater" could take on a whole new meaning.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
            Considering what started the whole mess, the term "tailgater" could take on a whole new meaning.
            Yup, I guess it could!
            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
            X