This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Till =/= someone using it!!!

Ok, so the concessions stand where I works is a straight counter (which is slightly lower by the ice cream display). Of course, the tills are always there, but when they've been turned on and are not logged on to or locked, they have a lovely LED display saying 'This Till is closed' whereas if it's logged into and raring to go it will say 'Welcome to <Cinema Chain name>'

Anyway, this has happened more times than I can count, especially since my colleagues have been vanishing on me without a word lately I'll stop there before I go

So I'm serving alone because everyone else has effed off, and there's an obvious queue in front of me. But when a customer who has the sense to think 'she's the only one there, I'll join the queue' there will be one who waits at the ice cream and expect a member of staff to materialise (do bear in mind that this ONLY happens if there is NOTHING else to do and the person logged into that till has vanished). So when the customer with sense asks for ice cream from the scoop shop, this ensues.

SC: And when are you going to serve me? I've been waiting for 20 minutes!
    Me: I'm sorry, but I've had a queue in front of my till for longer and I'm currently the only person present, if you could please join the queue you will be served as soon as possible.

In one case, there was a rant like this about how that's not good enough and how long she was waiting. That puts me in a lose-lose situation because:
    1) I don't know if you've made a decision yet
    2) You're expecting to jump a queue forming elsewhere, it's not fair on those who were waiting patiently in a line to see the staff jump to someone else.

Fortunately, I've had understanding customers say to serve the SC first and things turning out fine, but still...

That bites

Seems like it's typical behavior of cinema patrons, lol. I see that so often here and I don't even work there. Not sure why reading if a cash is open or not is so hard to do. I do get a giggle when they're told to move, hahaha.

The only thing that annoys the crap out of me about the ice cream counter at the one near me is that no one apparently knows how to get a piece of paper, a pen/marker and a piece of tape to put on the milkshake machine when it's out of order (which is most of the time) *sigh*

Comment

If you're waiting by an empty register while others are being served, surely it should click at some point that you're waiting in the wrong place...?

Oh wait, I forgot where I was for a moment.
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Whatever happened to just asking?
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
        X