This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGIT....

or how Sarlon in a random bit of temporary insanity volunteered for over time...resulting in1 8 hour shift 3 12 hour shifts, 2 days off (friday and saturday) and another 12 hour shift (sunday)...

this is from today for the record....
    funny funny...

not my story but a co workers. guy was ticked off because he could not give verbal permission to have someone give them his western union number to his girlfriend, so he demands to know the ID of the coworker, and the managers,so that he can murder us and then sue us for his money.... all $155

listening is good...

so its obvious I work for a credit card company...its a prepaid debit card for things like unemployement, child support, disability, and family leave, as well as paychecks for companies. in our opening speil we say the name of our company 2 times once in greeting "thank you for calling (us) this is (name)..." and then when we give them the website...www.ourcompanyname.com/cardname. (obvious fake address)

so this guy calls in and first thing he says is "I don't have my card yet, can you look it up another way?" so I look it up, verify him, and then he starts in on saying how hes having problems with "other bank thats not us remotely" and how hes changing banks and his account is all messed up, and I'm thinking "ok so a transfer from this card hasn't gone through and we need to fix it...wait...he doesn't have a bank account attached to this card."

about that time he finishes his rant, and I pause and say "and how exactly may i help you with this sir?"

"well I thought you might advise me on how to handle this...I am calling (bank that is not remotely us) right?"

"no sir, this is (us), we have nothing to do with (other bank thats not us).

"...well I guess I need to call (other bank), sorry about that you have a good day." "thank you for calling (us) and you have a good day."

discrimination runs rampant...

again another co workers story, I only caught the tail end of the call when she was asking for a supervisor, apperently we're denying people their money and thats discrimination because shes on disability and thats why we're denying her her money.

the truth? disability had not released the funds to the card yet and thats why they hadn't posted on the card yet.

ongoing rant...

If a charge has not posted to your card yet, it means the company does not have the money yet from you, they have placed a hold on it because they want to make sure they get their money. however, sometimes there can be misunderstandings or a problem in the system, and sometimes there are multiple charges or over charges, or even fruadulant charges when someone somehow gets your card info.

so to the ENTIRE department that fields these calls from angry people who demand we stop the charge (can't do it), cancel the payment (nope), place it into dispute (not possible yet), or reverse the charge (nope still can't)....please stop transfering these angry people to us to handle a problem that can't be resolved one way or the other until the charge posts to the card.

interupting coinefficent

I understand your angry but the following will make me help you less if you do the following...
    - yell
    - curse
    - call into question my parentage
    - accuse me of being racist
    - accuse me of being an idiot
    - accuse me of stealing
    - give me no helpful information
    - refuse to give me information because "you'll just use it to send me spam"
    - be vague about details while disputing a charge
    - interupt me to ask the same question over and over when I'm trying to give you the answer.

Thank the ancients and powers that be I'm off for the next 2 days...the paycheck will be worth it....right?
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Quoth Sarlon View Post
    not my story but a co workers. guy was ticked off because he could not give verbal permission to have someone give them his western union number to his girlfriend, so he demands to know the ID of the coworker, and the managers,so that he can murder us and then sue us for his money.... all $155
    Hopefully not in that order.

Comment

no...apperently in that order...which caused us all to have a good laugh.
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

There's an entire department that takes incoming calls about debit holds? Ouch. That job has gotta suck. What's the average longevity of an employee in that department? A week?

Comment

nono thats the risk department who handle and moniter fradulant transactions on debit cards.

Comment

Working...
          X