This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How The *bleep* Did This Happen???

I'm currently a biller for a trucking company. My job is to take scans of bills ans put the information into the computer. My company services the USA, Canada and Mexico ONLY so I was reasonably confused when I got a bill for a shipment destined for BRAZIL....in SOUTH AMERICA....from a huge company who has an equally huge account with us. The company (which I will call Sargent Engines or SE for short) submits an average of (guesstimate here) 500 orders daily. By now, they know our policys and they know how things work but, somehow, they thought it was a-ok to ask us to drive to Brazil even though we never ever serviced South America.

So, in order for this bill to get to me, SE had to place the order, one department got the order and had to find the correct terminal and a driver to send it to, and the driver had to get the bill, review it and send it to me. Given all the people this had to go thru, HOW THE FLIP DID THIS EVER REACH MY COMPUTER SCREEN??!?!?!????!!!!

SE Employee: Hmm, I need to send my crap to Brazil but Eastern Trucking doesn't deliver to Brazil. Oh well, we're a big account so they won't mind. *send!*
    Reciever: I'll send this to terminal 123 and let Tony do this one. Oh hey it's to Brazil and we don't do Brazil...oh well! *send!*
    Driver: Hmm.....blablablah yadayadayada Brazil that ain't far! *send!*

For the COUNTRY: tab, we have a pulldown menu with USA, CANADA, or MEXICO to pick from and NO option to type in your own. With no other options, I sent it to complex and in the REASON: box, I wrote, "It's destined for Brazil....somehow".

This shoun't happen....ever.....

My poor brain
    Answers: $1
    Correct Answers: $2
    Answers that require thought: $5
    Dumb looks are still free.

I'd be calling over a supervisor for that one.

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
      I'd be calling over a supervisor for that one.
      Oh, I did. I asked my mentor if we were starting to expand into Brazil and she said no and admitted she was just as confused as I was about how it got this far and told me to send the bill to complex

Comment

Perhaps it is Brazil, Indiana? ... near Mud Snoot (Terre Haute).
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Better brush up on your Portuguese.
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
            Perhaps it is Brazil, Indiana? ... near Mud Snoot (Terre Haute).
            Nope The frieght was consigned to Jaguariuna, Brazil

Comment

Only thing I can come up with is that someone (possibly many someones), somehow thought Brazil was in Mexico
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                Only thing I can come up with is that someone (possibly many someones), somehow thought Brazil was in Mexico
                It isn't?!!!!!????

/me ducks

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                  Sadly, that wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I mean, if you have people walking around who think that New Mexico is a separate country, then it's not surprising that somebody would think Brazil was a section of Mexico.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

[

Going WAY off topic as an excuse to tell my favourite geography story.

At one point, hubby thought he might get posted to Naples. Upon hearing this, my daughter starts carrying on very loudly - "I don't want to move to Naples! I can't move to Naples! I don't speak German! "

Of course, she was only 12 at the time

(and we didn't go to Naples after all, we actually ended up in Wales that time)

Madness takes it's toll....
                    Please have exact change ready.

Comment

One time I took a trip to Austria. I was disappointed because I didn't see any kangaroos.

Comment

I had a manager once who tried to give away some tickets to a concert. It was for a men's choir from Belgrade. He asked, "Doesn't anyone want to go hear a nice Irish choir?"
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

When my brother, cousin and I were young teenagers we did young, stupid teenage things. My cousin was easily persuaded to do the dirty work (poor guy). One day we were making prank phone calls and Brother and I told Cousin to call someone and claim he was from Wichita, Kansas. (Note - this was before Caller ID.) He forgot what he was supposed to say so we tried to whisper it to him...instead he said he was from Wichita, Canada. He had to hang up quickly when Brother and I busted out laughing hysterically.

Tsk tsk...kids, don't try this at home
                          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Maybe someone actually listened to Ron White's solution to get us out of debt.

Brazil's just next door to the US now? j/k

Reference: Youtube search Ron White's financial solution.
                            Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

I've heard a trillion insane geography stories. Maybe the person heard 'South America' and thought Brazil was somewhere near Texas.

Comment

Working...
                              X