X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of shorties.

Because "quickies" are never satisfying. :|

Line Derp
    I'm ringing up a customer, seems to be my last in line. Our cash wrap is in the center of the store. There is a lady standing a couple yards away, staring directly at the PS2 section. Once my line was cleared away, I took a stack of putbacks and started to put them out. Moments later, a burly hand is on my shoulder yanking me around.
    ML = missus lumberjack

ML: EXCUSE me. I WAS IN LINE.
    Me: *shocked by the fact that she actually spun me involuntarily, me being a fairly hefty 150 pounds...I'm not the daintiest girl)* Erm...I'm sorry.
    ML: LIKE HELL YOU ARE. I stood RIGHT in front of the sign that says "Line Here" and you IGNORED ME!!!!!111!!11!1
    Me: *totally clueless* Uh...I wasn't aware we had a sign like that anywhere in here. Would you mind showing me to it?

Sure enough, the sign she was referring to was a sign allll the way in the back of the store on the little post where the guard rope attaches (so we can keep a part of our store basically roped off for the line, so people don't wander through it all the time and annoy other customers who are trying to pay). It says "Please Enter Back Of Line Here".

Me: Oh, okay, I can see how that could be misleading, but you were supposed to just move on forward with the other people in line as it got closer to your turn. *cheerful as fuck and trying not to laugh*
    ML: LISTEN, TITS

Yes, she actually called me "tits". I...I don't even.

ML: I STOOD IN THE BACK OF THAT LINE WAITING FOR YOU TO NOTICE ME AND LETTING OTHER PEOPLE PASS ME BY FOR THIRTY MINUTES. I EXPECT COMPENSATION.
    Me: No.

She left after I burst out laughing at her. I think she just raged out of embarrassment. I couldn't help it though. :c Her face was crimson.

Budget Derp
    SC: Hi, I need an Xbox360 for my son. I have $350 to spend. Do they come in colors? I think he'd like a blue one.
    Me: Well, unfortunately, the only new ones we sell are all black, except the special edition Call of Duty ones, and those are like a white with silver and black camo print, I believe.
    SC: No, no, I'm sure I saw a blue one at Target.
    Me: I'm pretty certain you didn't, but if you'd like to doublecheck, we should have extras still sitting in the back until the end of the week.
    SC: No I'll just get a black one.

(insert spiel about gig sizes, etc)

Me: So you want the current 250gig deal with the two games and the sixty dollar gift card for $300?
    SC: Yes. I also want an extra controller, Madden 2012, and Call of Duty MW3.
    Me: Um...just so you're aware, preowned controllers are like thirty bucks apiece and Madden is still at least forty dollars, and CoD just came out this week; it's still sixty.
    SC: *blank stare, drool dripping down his chin*
    Me: Sir?
    SC: *stare*
    Me: ...alrighty then. *pulls out games, gets controller from the back, and rings them up* Your new total is XXX.XX
    SC: I TOLD YOU I ONLY HAD $350 TO SPEND! I can't believe you'd be this irresponsible with someone else's money!
    Me: O_____O (dude chillax) Well, I told you the price would go up with the extra stuff, and you didn't respond.
    SC: Because I already told you I had a budget.
    Me: ...right, but then you told me you wanted other items.
    SC: Yes, but you need to find a way to fit them into my budget.
    Me: So because you stated that you don't want to spend the full price, I should give you... *pulls out calculator* about $130 worth of stuff for a little under fifty bucks.
    SC: Well, yes. That's called customer service, young lady.

Wrong chord to strike. I laughed in his face. He ended up just paying for everything between cash and a credit card.

Kay gonna go play more Skyrim now. Bye.
    ~Bee~

teach us to care and not to care
    teach us to be still.

mmmmm

skyrim

(I'm still torn on picking it up right away or just waiting for steam holiday sales/whatever)

Also, I'm horribly jealous of your job that you can laugh at idiot with relative impunity

Comment

Quoth maskedpuppy View Post

Kay gonna go play more Skyrim now. Bye.
      Skyrim ruined my weekend plans, I was supposed to spend last night straightening up my place for my Girlfriend to visit, but... didn't... Karma has bitten me, however, since now I am spending the weekend at my Girlfriend's place instead, a land where Skyrim does not exist...
      There Can Be Only One

Comment

While I can't say I typically approve of laughing in a customer's face, I must say that in the case of the second customer, I can see why one might not be able to hold back. As to the first one, I think that perhaps that woman should have been told as she yanked the OP around was: "If you do not remove your hand, I will press charges for assault."

Comment

Dang, I guess I have to officially denounce the laughing at the customer part too...but in both cases I find your reactions hilarious
          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

She called you "tits"??!! Jeeez, bad enough she put her hand on you....I'd have been backing away at lightning speed right there...but getting called something like that would given me tunnel vision, with her face in the crosshairs.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Mneh, I'm a fairly cheerful person, and I find a smile and a little laugh can usually clue a customer in to how silly they're being and gives them a chance to save face and laugh along with me.

On the other hand, I really can't get into trouble for it. As long as I'm not outright rude (and I'm never like "damn you're stupid" out loud), all they can accuse me of is being amused by their idiocy. *shrug*
              ~Bee~

teach us to care and not to care
              teach us to be still.

Comment

Quoth maskedpuppy View Post
                Line Derp

ML: I STOOD IN THE BACK OF THAT LINE WAITING FOR YOU TO NOTICE ME AND LETTING OTHER PEOPLE PASS ME BY FOR THIRTY MINUTES. I EXPECT COMPENSATION.
                Okay, I don't think she knows how a line works.

Also, she called you Tits. TITS. Doesn't she realize it's supposed to be Sugartits?

Or is that just for female police officers?

Comment

Working...
                X