X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infestations of SCs

Here is a trivia question.

If my light is on at the register and I'm waiting for a customer. This is what I get.

SC: Are you open?
    MeI think my IQ just went down) yes mam.

However, it's a different story when my register light is off and I'm counting my till.

SC: (dumps his stuff on my convever belt)
    Me: sir, I'm closed.
    SC: oh come on. I don't wanna wait in another line.
    Me: Sir, if I make an exeption, then I'll have to do it for other customers as well. So no exceptions for anyone. I'm sorry.
    SC: fine ( removes his items and leaves).

Express lanes:
    I'm on the express lane register and all the other lanes are open and we're slow.
    SC approaches my lane with a basket full of cans that is definetly over 15 itmes ( more like 60 cans), but before she reaches my register..

Me: I'm sorry mam this is only express lane.

SC: but this lane is closest to my car and my foot my doctor says I shouldn't walk around much.

(Ok, I look at this lady and she walks just fine without any signs of pain and she just walked around the store with a completly full basket of heavy cans and she blinks afully a lot. guess what? she's lying. but luckly my CW saw this and moved towards the lady.)

CW: mam, I can take you on my register (which is next to mine)

SC: no I want this register.

CW: mam if this is about your foot is hurt nonsence again. We will refuse your service. We know you've been pulling this Cr*p on us for more than 2 years and you walk fine. In addition, you should know that the Express lane is less than 15 items, not over 45.

SC: whatever, takes her basket to another lane.

SOME PEOPLE JUST NEVER LEARN

Sad. I had a dilemma at the Mart of Wal last week, though...I went after work so it was getting late at night, and I only saw one register that was officially open and had its light on, but it was an express lane (however it did have a conveyor belt). There was someone being checked out by the cashier on the next lane but her light was not on...so since there was nobody around at the time I ended up going to the express lane even though I had quite a few more than 20 items. I hoped nobody was too upset with me...guess I could have asked if the other cashier was open or not
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Late at night the only register open at wally is the one with the cigs. This one also is an express lane so you have no choise.
      "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

Quoth pitmonkey View Post
        Late at night the only register open at wally is the one with the cigs. This one also is an express lane so you have no choise.
        Yeah, a little later at night and that probably would have been the case at my WM also...but it was just early enough that that other register *might* have been open, but the light was off. Bleh.
        "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I wouldn't worry, BeenThere. Most of the stores around here that are open late or all night will only have the express lanes open after about 11. I felt a little guilty the first time I took a loaded cart through, too.

Comment

Quoth Evil Cashier 411 View Post
            CW: mam if this is about your foot is hurt nonsence again. We will refuse your service. We know you've been pulling this Cr*p on us for more than 2 years and you walk fine. In addition, you should know that the Express lane is less than 15 items, not over 45.
            W00T! to your CW for calling that SC on her nonsense! Of course, the SC still won't learn, but it's a valiant attempt, nonetheless.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Agreed! CW deserves a cookie!

Comment

Working...
              X