Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in phar://D:/WebRoots/customerssuck.com/board/core/vb/vb.phar/permissioncontext.php on line 963 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in phar://D:/WebRoots/customerssuck.com/board/core/vb/vb.phar/permissioncontext.php on line 963 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in phar://D:/WebRoots/customerssuck.com/board/core/vb/vb.phar/permissioncontext.php on line 963 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in phar://D:/WebRoots/customerssuck.com/board/core/vb/vb.phar/permissioncontext.php on line 963 Coupon asshat. - Customers Suck!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coupon asshat.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coupon asshat.

I don't post as often as I could but this pissed me off.

Lately I've had a bunch of customers get pissy/pissed off over coupons.

Cast of character from today's story:
    DW: me, your misanthropic cashier
    M: assistant manager
    AH: coupon asshat

Minor background: my drugstore prints out catalina coupons, so does the grocery store across the street. Each store's coupon has their name printed on the catalina coupons. /end background

AH: *puts all his items on the counter*
    DW: *rings everything up*
    AH: *hands me his stack of coupons*
    DW: *scans coupons until I get one from <grocery store across the street>* Um, sir I can't take this one.
    AH: *already angry and raising his voice* Yes you can!!!!!!
    DW: Actually sir, it's *points to <grocery store across the street>'s name* not one of ours-
    AH: *points to where it says manufacturer coupon* It's a manufacturer's coupon!!!!
    DW: *drops the volume of my voice to a meek tone* Let me call-
    AH: I don't like your attitude!!!!!
    DW: Let me call the manager to verify. *still in my meek voice all while he's ranting* *pages for a manager*
    AH: *still ranting*
    DW: Just a moment sir.
    M: *approaches*
    I hold the coupon up to show the manager pointing to the obvious logo of <grocery store across the street>
    DW: Hey <manager> can we accept this?
    M: *looks and notices the logo* No.
    AH: *more ranting* *after he realizes he's not gonna win* Fine! Take the item off!
    DW: I'm sorry sir.
    I finish his transaction to him ranting about our location and how it's going downhill. The whole time he's pissed off and I'm speaking in my meek voice.
    When the next person in line (an older lady) steps up to put her items on the counter she gives me a sympathetic look.

A few minutes later I see him over by the photo counter. I see him spot some one and snap 'You! Come here!'
    The same manager comes up to him and apparently he's contesting the price of some thing.
    A few minutes later he leaves fuming. I thank him as he leaves of course getting no response.

After having so many people get pissed off about coupons I've started stepping back (literally) and calling a manager (especially if it's obvious they won't listen to reason). I can't deal with the stress asshats put on me anymore. Ugh.
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

I'm a avid couponer, and so few stores accept other store cats. I'm so sad by morons who give us awesome, respectful talented couponers a bad name! Shame on that guy!

Comment

I'm not sure how a coupon that has a store's logo on it could say "Manufacturer's Coupon" on it at the same time.

Not that I'm defending this asshat, of course. If it happened to me I'd simply understand my mistake, and decide whether I want to continue with buying that item. (Out of laziness I'd probably just bust the extra dollar or whatever the coupon was worth instead of schleping across the street.)
      Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
      Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
      Fiancee: What?!
      Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Ugh, I hate this from both points of view. There are a TON of coupons like this and it bugs the living daylights out of me as it makes it intentionally hard for BOTH the cashiers and the customers.
        My customer side hates having to deal with these manufacturer coupons that only one store will take. Most coupon policies state that even if it has a store logo on it (catalina coupons) that they will take it if it a manufacturer coupon. Sounds like your store has a policy against that, which is their choice. As a customer though, I hate stores with these policies. It is a manufacturer coupon, just take it. (Not speaking to the OP directly, just companies in general) Be happy the customer would rather shop at your store.
        BUT
        As a cashier and a human being, a store does not have to take any coupons it does not want to. No excuses to act sucky. Simply chose whether you want to continue with your purchase of that item or not. End of story. Take your business where they will accept your coupons.

Comment

That's what I wanna do to do that guy for speaking to you like that.
          Screw him and his ass-clownery!

Don't let people like that get you down. Just think, they must lead reaaaaaally sad, pathetic insecure lives, if that's what they have to do to try and feel better about themselves.

Comment

He's going to give himself a heart attack or stroke one day because of his rage over....coupons....yeeeaahhh....
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I hate those coupons and find them misleading. If store#1 puts a coupon in their ad, yet they put store#1's name all over it, then I feel it's a store coupon and NOT a manufacturers coupon. Oftentimes the fine print will even state it's only valid at store#1, though not always. Most businesses around here will only accept coupons if they are not store-specific. And yes, these misleading coupons cause suck on both sides of the register.
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth thehuckster View Post
                I'm not sure how a coupon that has a store's logo on it could say "Manufacturer's Coupon" on it at the same time.
                Simple. It's a coupon that the manufacturer made that's only valid at the store whose logo is on it (or other stores that choose to honor it).

At the wholesale club, our policy was "If it has another store's logo or name on it, we will not accept it." The logo/name overrode the "manufacturer's coupon" every time.

Besides, we had coupons of our own-- only valid at our stores-- that also said "manufacturer's coupon." So, yeah.
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I had a couple of those store/manufacturer combination coupons once. Both coupons were for the same brand of paper towels, even looked identical, except one was for Harris Teeter, and the other for Safeway. I remember wondering what would happen if I took each to the other store.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                    I had a couple of those store/manufacturer combination coupons once. Both coupons were for the same brand of paper towels, even looked identical, except one was for Harris Teeter, and the other for Safeway. I remember wondering what would happen if I took each to the other store.
                    They'd smack you with a salmon

Comment

I had those once from Concentric Circles and K-roger. Both were for the same item, both had the logo on the side, both had identical barcodes. I tore the logo half off and used them at Concentric Circles without issue. A little sucky on my part? Probably but the K-roger smelled horrible, so I avoided it at all cost.
                      Last edited by FenigDurak; 11-16-2011, 06:15 AM. Reason: Damn you autocorrect!

Comment

A Catalina coupon is a coupon printed at checkout that rewards a customer based on purchases made.

Explanation at HotCouponWorld

Quoth FenigDurak View Post
                        I tore the logo half off and used them at Concentric Circles without issue.
                        I've noticed a lot of stores are printing the barcodes with the logos, now. Probably to stop this sort of shenanigan. Then again, I'm not sure why someone would have a store-produced coupon for a store they didn't shop at.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

My store's catalina coupons have <my store> printed on it several place, including right under the barcode.
                          Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                          Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Ugh I had some idiot get mad at me today because I would not let her use 2 manufactures coupons on the same item. My SM was working near me but the customer did not argue with me but I could tell she was mad from the tone of her voice.

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
                              After having so many people get pissed off about coupons I've started stepping back (literally) and calling a manager (especially if it's obvious they won't listen to reason). I can't deal with the stress asshats put on me anymore. Ugh.
                              Some people just aren't satisfied until they make someone else as unhappy as they are. You're doing the right thing in siccing the manager on them; they're paid to take the crap, you aren't.
                              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                              X