This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't KNOW her!!!!!!

I've been at the dollar store (holiday job) for 3 weeks. I don't know all the people that work there now, much less years ago. I had this customer who asked if so-and-so manager was still working there. I told her I wouldn't know, as I'm new. I forget what she asked next, but my answer was something like "I know A and B and C, but I don't really know anyone else's names." She just kept going on about this lady and at one point was trying to remember how long ago she worked there. In order to get her to shut up about it, I told her "I wasn't living here 5 years ago." Her response? "Really??", as if the concept of moving was foreign to her. She wasn't rude at all, just fixated, overly-positive (abnormally so) about everything--even how nicely my register worked or some such--just off, yaknow? Turns out she used to work at the store. She was just obsessed with that other lady and would not stop talking about her or absorb the fact that I had no earthly idea who this person was. Take the hint, lady!
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Our super Malmart hovered at right around 500 employees for most of the year and sometimes a customer would ask if I know so and so in another department. I was a cashier and knew the names of maybe 25% of the other cashiers, I certainly didn't know anyone in other departments that I never interacted with. These folks were always polite and eager to know if I knew these other workers, but the answer was still always no. *shrugs*
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

It would've been fine if she'd accepted my answer the first time. But I had to tell like 3 or 4 times while the lady behind her looked like she wanted to do an eyeroll. I was nice about it, though; she was a nice lady, just a bit obsessive.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
      X