This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never Offer Tissues To Strangers...

...This is the sad reality one youngster learned while at the movies with his mom.

I got a call that management needed security at the movie theater. Once there I saw the female manager talking with a woman and her 16yo son. Apparently, the gentleman sitting behind them was sniffing loudly through the middle of the movie and her son offered him some tissues from the pack he had. The 'gentleman' flipped his sh*t and started cussing-out the kid, telling him that he was going to knock his AND his moms' f*cking heads in. When they got the manager, he threatened her too. The two customers no longer felt comfortable being in the theater and were given several free passes by the manager, who wanted me to help them get the disorderly man out of the theater, since he was driving away good customers. After the mom and her son left (so he wouldn't take it out on them) I went with the (now 2 managers) to get this guy. He left the movie quietly enough with his girlfriend, but claimed adamantly that the "kid was being an ignorant little shit" by offering him a tissue and that that was why he threatened them. Yes, this guy admitted to threatening them and seemed to think this was reasonable because he felt they were 'disrespecting' him. We told him that no matter who started it (even though we in NO way believed his version, because I don't think a kid would tell a grown man to 'stop your fucking sniffling' in front of his mother!) threats were not appropriate and he was being asked to leave. Surprisingly, he agreed to leave if he could get a voucher to another movie. They gave him one, I think just to get him out without a fuss, as the other movies were starting to empty.

Me? I think he was just making loud annoying sounds to convey to his girlfriend how much he detested being made to see 'Breaking Dawn' and was doing what he could to bother others.

I wish we had more kids like the one that left with his mom; he was very polite and sorry that he caused so much trouble.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

So he gets a free movie for being an obnoxious douche?
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
      Isn't that how these stories usually end?
      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I'd have written an expiration date on the voucher ... for the previous day.

That, or posted his picture in the Box Office as banned from the premises.

Either way, no free movie.

SC
        "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
          Well, he (I suppose) paid for the movie he kept sniffling in and got a voucher for another movie...

...so he's still paid for one movie, made a scene in public, embarrassing himself and his girlfriend...

Unless he got his money back for the first film, which is just silly. Then again, I'd be glad to have him just gone.

Comment

Imaging the irony if the same douchebag shows up in the same movie that the kid and his mom see again, then the mom and kids go, "oh, not THIS shit again.." LOL Hope they bring a whole box of tissues!

It is sucky that the guy still got passes though. Makes no sense at all. Basically the theater just created an infinite loop. The douchebag will still be there, causing other patrons discomfort and displeasure, so they'd rather please one douchebag and risk losing business of more than 2 patrons than the other way around.

Comment

He didn't get a refund, just the voucher. I think their goal was to get him gone as fast as possible without a fuss, since other people were starting to come out of the movies. But hey, if he causes problems again they might have us ban him
              "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post

Me? I think he was just making loud annoying sounds to convey to his girlfriend how much he detested being made to see 'Breaking Dawn' and was doing what he could to bother others. .
                Am I the only one who wonders why a 16 year old boy went to see Breaking Dawn with his MOM?

Comment

Reminds me of when I went to see Titanic. Apperantly I was sobbing so much that the person in front of me turned around and put a stack of tissues on my leg then rubbed it soothingly.

Comment

My brother would have. Maybe a different movie, but yeah. Not all close son/mother relationships are creepy :P
                    Shamus: Why hasn't anybody designs a cranium-anus extraction kit yet? It seems that so many people suffer from a improperly-stored head.

Comment

Quoth TigressChar View Post
                      Am I the only one who wonders why a 16 year old boy went to see Breaking Dawn with his MOM?
                      I try not to judge. Just point and laugh

Comment

Quoth Redbeard View Post
                        I try not to judge. Just point and laugh
                        I think this is going to be my new motto!
                        "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth thatcrazyredhead View Post
                          I think this is going to be my new motto!
                          Just not on your wedding night...
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                            Yep, he sure did. Man, I cannot imagine the money I could save pulling a stunt like this every time I go to the movies. I should do this the next time I see a lousy movie, like "Green Lantern".

Comment

Quoth TigressChar View Post
                              Probably for the same reason I've seen pokemon movies. I was the designated baby sitter for my brothers and she probably insisted he come with her.
                              How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Working...
                              X