This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playbook madness

So, at my store we have the Blackberry playbook for a cheap price. Because of this everyone seems to want one. (50% will probably be returned )

The sale started Friday so of course we had a line at the door. For the 16GB one we had 8, and only 8. We started to issue rain checks until we hit the limit of the amount of stock that we are going to receive in the next week or so (70 units). These rain checks stopped Sunday.

Now we got a shipment of them Monday evening to go out on Tuesday morn. We got 18 of 70. There was a line at the door of about 20 people. Obviously they were told by employees that we were getting some in but we never know how many until we get the manifest for the shipment which comes in the afternoon. We also have to hand out the playbooks in order the rain checks were handed out. So I had to check with everyone in the line if their name was in the first 18.

Most were pretty good. Some didn't get that because they got a rain check on Saturday they couldn't get one today. There were 2 pages of names just from Friday. These was a lady there that I told 3 times that she could not get one because her rain check was from Saturday. She just didn't want to listen. Then she went to another employee that was just about right beside me and gave her rain check receipt to her. I say she is not on the list for today. This employee had to tell this lady the same thing like 3 times.

Then we had the people who come in because they were "told" that we were getting playbooks in. Again, people don't listen. "We don't have any to sell" "No Stock!" One lady is like:

"Can you ask someone else?"
    I say no. I am in charge of the warehouse and I know what comes in. There are none.
    "I took the day off work to come in and get one. Now I am out money"
    NOT my problem!!
    "Can you ask someone else?"
    Like I said we have none and they will tell you the same thing.
    "Can I get a rain check?"
    No, we have no more stock to give rain checks for.
    Rinse and repeat.....

What people don't get is that when you get a rain check, it guarantees one for you. When we get it in we will put it aside and call you. People just want their stuff NOW (And the rain check is good for 30 days even). No patience!

Ok, rant done.

Oh and we ended up getting the rest of our stock about an hour later.
    Last edited by MustangErin; 11-23-2011, 04:44 AM. Reason: Spelling

Ahh, nothing like the latest tech to bring out the suck in full force.
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
      Ahh, nothing like the latest tech to bring out the suck in full force.
      Crap tech, no less. The Playbook has been a complete and utter disaster for RIM. There's a reason they are being cleared out cheap.

Comment

I wonder how many of these customers realize this is an accessory unlike other tablets. Unless i'm mistaken, it requires you to have a Blackberry to get any real use out of it, no? Yeah, lots of returns i suspect.
        Seph
        Taur10
        "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

this is why we stopped allowing ranchecks on electronics. first come first serve, once we sell out you are SOL.
          Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

Quoth Javarod View Post
            I wonder how many of these customers realize this is an accessory unlike other tablets. Unless i'm mistaken, it requires you to have a Blackberry to get any real use out of it, no? Yeah, lots of returns i suspect.
            All web apps will work, but there are very few Blackberry app world apps compared to other tablets (~1200) and there is no native email client(???)
            There Can Be Only One

Comment

Working...
            X