• Show
Clear All

• Impossible requests.

What you requested and signed to on the contract months ago:
    - standard print resolution images
    - to be shrunken and printed with black borders

What you're emailing me to request a week before this is due:
    - double that print resolution
    - extra 'bleed' area, aka the images are bigger so that the edges can be cropped without any white around them
    - which would require that I add another half inch border of art. around. every. file.

The likelihood of this happening is approximately zero.

Sigh.

Gahhhh. And it wouldn't be so bad if you explained to them that it's much too late to make those changes now and they said "Oh, OK"...that would be more like a brain burp. Somehow, though, I think they'll just get totally sucky and start whining and asking how hard it could possibly be...
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Ah, joy. Now is the moment to deploy the "f*ck-off price", because you have them over a barrel. Either they pay your outrageous "Late Change Fee", in which case you'll do it while gloating over your bank balance, or they they STFU and accept what was originally agreed. And you'll have taught them a lesson, to the benefit of all the rest of us.

Comment

I would argue that a Late Change Fee AND an extension in time (at least by a month) are in order. If they still want it by, say, a week or two from the original date? Add a massive RUSH fee, as well, as doing what they ask sound like it would take up an inordinate amount of time that could be used on other projects where the clients actually have their shite together.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Time to give the customer the 2-of-3 choice: Fast. Good. Cheap. Pick two. They already want it fast, so their choices now are "good", which means it won't be cheap, or "Cheap", which means it might look like crap. I'd love to hear the follow up on this one.

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
            Time to give the customer the 2-of-3 choice: Fast. Good. Cheap. Pick two. They already want it fast, so their choices now are "good", which means it won't be cheap, or "Cheap", which means it might look like crap. I'd love to hear the follow up on this one.
            Oh, I'll definitely be following up on this one.

This is supposed to be going to print, and I don't know what their arrangements are with the printer, but they may be stuck just printing as-is. I'm not sure I can even offer to do it on time with a huge rush fee if they already have a set printing deadline, because I have finals for the next 2-3 weeks and didn't budget the time to deal with this sort of thing.

Comment

Working...
            X